SOLD Owl Bass - Ranger 4/32 32" Medium Scale Electric bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by magichand, Jun 14, 2020.

1. magichand

magichand Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Price:
    Strings:
    For sale is my Toronto made - Owl Bass - Ranger 4/32 built in 2019 fall in excellent condition.

Specs are:
    • 32" scale / 22 frets / 16" FB radius / 19mm string spacing
    • nutwidth is a hair over 1.5" , solid brass nut
    • 2 pc African Mahogany body in oil / wax finish
    • 3pc Roasted Maple/Padauk neck in setneck construction in vintage C profile
    • East Indian Rosewood fingerboard
    • Medium nickel silver frets
    • 2 way adjustable truss rod
    • 2 X Canada made Rainville Audio linear humbucker, these are split coil pickups in MM style housing.
    • Hardware: Hipshot A bridge / ultralite tuner
    • Passive Controls: Volume / Tone / 3 way toggle
    • Roughly 8.5lbs
    • Levy's EM8S gig bag

This was a custom built last year ordered direct from the builder. Earlier this year, Chris had rebrand himself into Chris Seldon Guitars in 2020

This is what Chris first offer and spent most of his time on. A 32” short medium scale bass, dual linear humbucker(split-coil), with simple Vol / Tone control and an intuitive 3 way toggle for super fast and intuitive pickup selection (neck / both / bridge)

Tonality wise this is a raw pbass like instrument, with a hot bridge pickup that’s ready to cut any time, capable on all style . fun and easy to play 32" scale length. The overall bass doesn’t feel small at all, and is well balanced on both sitting and standing positions. Lots usable tone throughout the entire tone range.

This is an one man made instrument, there are a few cosmetic imperfections, but nothing affects the playability. A new order will be around $2200usd with a 3 month wait time(it took me 3 month to receive mine).

www.owlbass.com

test drive demo:

$1280usd shipped CONUS / Canada , PayPal preferred, most likely no trade

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Wow. I find shorter-than-34" scale instruments uncomfortable for my giant long monkey arms BUT I wish I could play them comfortably because this bass looks and sounds awesome!

magichand likes this.
  3. Cutter8

Cutter8 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2018
    Georgia
    FWIW, I don’t think this particular medium scale would feel cramped, even for someone with long arms. It will hang on a strap such that the reach to the nut will be same as many full-scale basses because (1) the bridge is mounted quite a ways up the body from the bottom edge/strap button on the bass, and (2) the top horn/strap button barely reaches the 15th fret.

Nice looking bass, OP. GLWTS!

magichand and TimBosby like this.
  4. k5koy

k5koy

Oct 27, 2008
    Dallas, Tx.
    Very cool bass! I like it alot! Good luck with sale.

magichand likes this.
  5. magichand

Aug 27, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Price dropped to $1280 shipped CONUS / Canada

6. Very cool!

magichand likes this.
  7. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    People that love medium scale basses (32"), really LOVE medium scale basses. It's none of my business but if you change the title to reflect that you might attract some more bites.

magichand likes this.
  8. magichand

Aug 27, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Thanks for pointing that out. I thought anything less than 34" are short scales. Let me change the title and see if this attracts more love! Will order you some beer if it gets sold! lol

TimBosby and Gorn like this.
  9. S.O.T.G. Rich

S.O.T.G. Rich Gold Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2014
    Corpus Christi Texas
    A little fact about these bass guitars. Seldon took much mentoring from Les Godfrey. Les Godfrey is most famous for his innovations and work with Carl Thompson in the 90’s. These are high quality instruments for sure.

magichand likes this.
  10. Oori

Oori

Jun 7, 2020
    Washington State

11. Oori

Oori

Jun 7, 2020
    Washington State
    I would add the " marker to the 32 in your listing title as I think many people search for 32" when looking for a 32" bass, and if they do that and search by title only yours won't come up. Good Luck. Looks and sounds like a sweet bass.

magichand likes this.
  12. magichand

Aug 27, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Thanks, I've just changed that. Will get you some beer if the bass gets moved for because of that :D I do believe many people are finding ways to enjoy their summer somewhere even at this tricky time ..

13. halfwound121

halfwound121 Gold Supporting Member

Beautiful bass- what's the nut width?

magichand likes this.
  14. magichand

Aug 27, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Just a hair over 1.5"