1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Owners of Carvin LB75P, do you have manual explaining controls

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BluesMan845, Nov 22, 2010.

1. I have a Carvin LB75p which has been sitting here for a long time not getting any love. It belongs to my brother who has been living out of the country and I have always meant to pick it up and play it but my LB70 always get the love.

Anywho, I started playing it this weekend and I'm wondering about the controls on the bass. I am pretty sure that the switch operates the passive/active mode but I'm unsure. The 3 larger knobs are a little confusing. The top one is the overall volume output and I assume the middle one operates the same as my LB70, dialing in the blend between pickups. The 3rd one has me a little puzzled though because it also has a middle point but I'm unsure what it is meant to balance. Possibly the control for the piezo P/U's?

I can't find the manual on Carvins website for this bass and it's version of the electronics. Does anyone have a link to them, or have a digital copy you could send me?

Thanks!

2. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    The third knob is a blend between the magnetic and piezo pickups. There's a diagram at http://www.carvinguitars.com/customshop/bassfeatures.php -- the EQ controls on the new ones are slightly different with the stacked knobs to add sweepable mids, but the pickup controls are the same.

3. Dr. Love

Dr. Love Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    If you have 6 knobs and a switch, it's the previous generation preamp from the one on the website. As mikezimmerman said, the top controls function the same.

I have the same 6 knob version on my lb76p. The three large knobs are: vol (pull up for passive), magnetic neck/bridge blend, magnetic pu/piezo pu blend (rotated towards the neck is mag only, towards the bridge is piezo only, anywhere in between is a mix)

The small knobs are bass, mid and treble. The switch is usually a coil split for the bridge humbucker.

4. Thanks for the information guys. I didn't realize the volume knob could be pulled up. Looking forward to picking the bass up in the morning now and experimenting.