1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

OWNERS OF THE CLASSICS REQUEST

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by luknfur, Jun 22, 2007.

1. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Trying to assemble standard pup location of the classic bass standards. SO THIS IS A ROUTING QUESTION NOT PICKUPS. I’ll use the first two post slots to organize them after the fact so everyone will have access to the contributions as needed. It’s also for Bgavin’s musician’s reference sheet.

*Whatever you contribute PLEASE include the make/model/yr; scale, measurement in inches from center of the 12th fret to center of the pup/s (preferably accurate to 1/16”) , and strings if not 4 and fret if not 22.

Whatever you consider classic is fine by me cause too much is better than not enough but in particular I’m looking for:

Fender:
    60’s J
    ‘72 on J
    P
    PJ

Music Man Ray
    G&L L2K
    Ric 4001
    Gibson T-bird
    Gibson EBO
    Hofner Beatle
    Guild Starfire

Some of these measurements I have but they didn’t come from having the basses and who knows what manufacturers have changed over the years (perhaps we’ll find out with decent response) and there are lots of variations on basically the same model that may have different spacing for all I know.

If you happen to know if such a list already exists, just point me in the direction.

Thanks in advance.

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    SPACE

3. G&L L2k Tribute, 2006 model.
    Neck pickup: 27,5 cm (10,825 inches) to upper edge from 12th fret
    Bridge pickup: 34,5 cm (13,583 inches) to upper edge from 12th fret

4. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Thanks Stuggi.

Going by response, apparently there's some aspect of the request that doesn't set well with readers. I originally posted this in the bass forum where it got zip response. So some of the wording looks out of place here cause I didn't alter it for this forum. The point is still the same.

Maybe I'll just end up emailing the guys that appear to have the basses.

5. Do so, and post the results here :D

6. fookgub

fookgub

Jun 5, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I don't own any of these basses, but I've been trying to put a similar list together for a while now. Here is what I have, culled from various internet sources. No guarantees about accuracy, but I think it's pretty close.

60's Jazz, nut to pickup centerline.
    Neck: 27 7/8"
    Bridge: 31 1/2"

70's Jazz, nut to pickup centerline
    Neck: 27 7/8"
    Bridge: 31 7/8"

Precision, 12th fret to EA pickup centerline: 11"

Stingray, 12th fret to pickup centerline: 13 1/8"

L2000, 12th fret to pickup centerline:
    Neck: 11 3/8"
    Bridge: 14.175"

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 18, 2021