1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

owww, just did situps for the first time in about 6 years

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by IAmTheDood, Jun 25, 2007.

1. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas
    Because he's tired of being a fat slob.

2. moogboy

moogboy Inactive

Mar 1, 2007
    Moog Artist in Rock/Pop 5th down
    im a fat slob, and im tired of it. so what? im not going to exercise because of it.

3. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Thats right, you just sit there and rot in your dirty string vest and slacks, no point trying to do anything about it, right? :rollno:

4. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas
    Some people think it's worth the effort.

5. Kosko

Kosko

Dec 12, 2005
    Buffalo
    Laziest, most uninspired, ignorant, depressed, ugliest post of the day.

If you want a better life, exercise. We live in a vain and superficial world, if you want to be functioning at top performance and treated with respect; live a healthy lifestyle.

...also flexing in the mirror and seeing a ripping tricep is pretty damn cool.

6. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    For losing fat, dieting is much better. Ask anybody who's abs you can see what they eat. You'll stop wanting those abs. It's just too much of a hassle. Compensate for it by having a huge chest and arms. Stuff a sock in your underwear, too.

7. Great thread.

About three weeks ago, I started exercising too, cause my brother bought a weight set and put it in the basement, so I figured I'd might as well make use of it. Also, my dad being such a bike enthusiast, we've got about 7 nice bikes in the garage, so I'll start doing cardio too, as soon as it's not so hot out around here. I really don't need to lose weight though, I need to gain it. I'm so skinny that I really don't think I have anything for my muscle to build on, so I have to start eating right too.

I''ve been pretty faithful with my crunches, doing them at least every other day. But it's my understanding that traditional crunches only work out your upper abs. What can I do work out all of my abs, or will bicycling take care of that?

8. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    No such thing as "upper" abs. It's one set of muscles.

9. Seriously? wow, I feel a bit silly now :smug:

10. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Well yeah, I'd advocate a good diet in any circumstances. Even if you're not looking to lose weight, a good diet will give you more energy and make you feel better in general.

11. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    No, I mean you actually have to count calories and stuff to get a six-pack. It's not easy.

12. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Yep.

Abs don't show up unless you've got like, <10% body fat. My buddy had 12% (he was obsessed with bodybuilding but only lifted, if he'd done cardio he easily would've been down to 8 or so) and you could kiiiiinda see 'em.

13. Bryan316

Bryan316 Inactive

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    IATDood.

Allow me to suggest an exercise method.

Get an active dog. Take him on good long walks. Get the Ipod loaded up, set the stopwatch, grab a poop bag, wear some big loose cargo shorts and tuck some water bottles into those thigh pockets, and start counting the miles. I love my brother's dog because he loves long treks through the neighborhood. He's awesome for that.

Get a Collie, or an English Springer Spaniel, or a Husky, or a Weimarauner, or a Yellow Lab, or something medium to large in the working breeds. Plus, dogs are the best exercise trainers. If you start a regular walking/hiking/jogging regimen, their babyface expectation of that daily routine will keep you on that regimen! Cuz they'll start so sulk around you and break your heart with their pouty face until the two of you go get your exercise! Heh heh.

14. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I'm sure Joe Rogan has quoted this fact during a UFC event before!

15. HELLonWHEELS

HELLonWHEELS Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2005
    Houston
    i had the record at my middle school for most sit-ups in a minute.

73 baby! I was a ripped 14 year old

16. IAmTheDood

IAmTheDood Shake and Bake

Dec 15, 2006
    Waterford, MI
    well guys ..

3 days in ..

sore as a mofo but feel real good.

After I read about the bike in the thread i forgot I had an exercize bike i bought the ex a few years back that she never used .. it was stored in a bedroom closet. paid about $400 for the thing .. one of the low rider floor types ..

Pulled it out ..

first 5 minutes on it last night oh boy .. geeze ..

did another 10 on it ..

did 20 mins straight on it today.

doing 3 sets of 25 crunches.

and still 3 sets of 10 pushups.

already eating less of what i do eat .. not really changing it yet ..

but wow .. just energy alone i feel real good. and it feels good to feel muscles again that i havn't used in awhile.

17. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Take it easy so you don't burn out.

18. IAmTheDood

IAmTheDood Shake and Bake

Dec 15, 2006
    Waterford, MI
    yeah i know .. still barely breaking sweats .. just feels good .. actually having a goal towards it feels good.

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021