Owwwwww (Rig moving pains)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Matt Till, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Ok, so my new setup has a bit fat cab which weighs about 150 lbs or so... I don't know, I made that number up. Yesterday, I had to move it up and down stairs and in and out of vehicles...

My arms are killing me, where's the Qintar when I need him.

Anyways, it has wheels, but they don't come in handy all the time, in fact, in stair situations they are an inconvience. I was wondering if there are any dollies or anything ideal for stairs.

My arms hurt reaaaaallly bad, and I've got a gig/moving stuff day friday. I don't know if I can take this... I need a roadie.
  2. Like what?

I was hauling around a 92 lb 4x10 for a long time. Now I've graduated to a 115 lb 2x15.

It builds character.
  3. Have a fellow band member help with carrying it.
  4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I usually do have help... but stairs... I have to go up and down a lot of stairs. Maybe I'll just get ripped, but my arms were killing me earlier. MMMm tylenol and sleep.
  5. Easy solutionl.....Give your rig to me, you can have mine. It weighs much less, trust me.
  6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
  7. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Best thing I can recommend is a good pro type dolly/hand truck. You can get decent ones from $100 to $200.

Something like this:
  8. If you had back pains it would be one thing, but since it's just sore muscles my advice is just to suck it up and carry the thing. It's kind of a self-correcting problem. That's just my advice since I'm a cheap kind of guy. A hand truck would be nice if it was just distance you had to worry about, but since you've got all those stairs I'd just go with the carrying.
  9. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Thats not very manly. Are you a wuss?
  10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Good points though, my back is fine... that's not the problem. I'm just in bad shape.

11. Or you could get the ones with three wheels on each side - a stair climber i think they're called.