Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

owwwwww

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matt Till, Feb 10, 2003.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    i won't be posting so much... I practiced for 3 and a half hours straight and I have terrible rh technique... I play too hard, My rh pointer got a huge water blister... I poped it and eventually tore off the dead skin, new sensitive skin underneath. It took a long time to type this and it seems to be a big engrish. Screw it I'm done.

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    + I have a gig on fri

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    :bawl:

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    ... freebie

5. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    wow, dood. That sucks

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Blisters? havent had one of those in years. of course, i can't feel the tips of my fingers anymore.

7. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I got one of those nasty blisters last friday while gigging. I have very rough calouses on all of my playing fingers, but rough friday + too much alcohol + too agressive attack = blisters. I had 2 of them, one right below the other on the same finger. try crazy glue to get you by in a tough situation.

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

that was my situation. I could play for an hour with the pizzlestains deluxe guitarist :bassist: and be fine. But in my uncles band I get em every gig and every practice. :bag:

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    i might use a pick at the gig... I gotta really practice because I'm not as good with a pick

SDFDSFDSFIWEPOIROPI I miss my finger :bawl:

10. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Oh, so it's your plucking hand finger? if it is, do what i had to back in the day. wrap a band-aid around it and play. helped alot, funky to get used to though.

11. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    ACK! that reminds me of the beginning of school last year I was playing a welcome-new-students type set with the advanced combo, and since I hadn't played much bass the last month of summer, and I had been busting my ass to get my chops back to snuff in like a few days, I developed TWO huge blood-blisters on my index and middle fingers(right hand) I didn't deliberatly pop them, because they make a mess, but then WHILE PLAYING they popped(ironically on a slap/Pop bit) OWWW OWW OWW!!! not only did both my fingers hurt like mad, but I played the rest of the set(4 songs total) with my finger torn open and spewing gooey stuff all over the strings! :bawl: :bawl:
    ewwwwwwwwww

get better soon matt! :) :cool:

12. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Hmmm.. I play three 4-hour practices and one gig a week on a fretless with roundwounds, and don't even have visible calouses. But I do have a 1000W rig, and let IT work to get the volume out.

13. Jeremy_X

Jeremy_X

Jan 29, 2002
    You have other fingers, use one of them. Or better still, use someone else's finger.:D

14. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

What do we make of somebody who says this and then proceeds to post 6 times in this thread alone!!! ??

Altogether now :

STUPID!! :D

15. STUPID!! :D

16. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Matt???

17. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    No, stupid.

(you can take that both ways i ment it;) )

18. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    you're special.

19. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Underpowered bass rigs lead to over-agressive right hand technique. At least it did for me.

Now that I've got 900 watts on tap, my right hand has gone from over-agressive to simply agressive. ;)

20. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Stupi... hey wait! :spit:

Actually I decided to be rough on my fingers. They hate me. I've let 'em heal a day and now I'm roughing up a bit... then I'm going to move up to bass playing fingerstyle again. At least I'm being gradual. When I first started I decided to get past the acquard... "OH THESE BIG STRINGS HURT MY FINGERS" phase by doing really agressive slides up and down the neck tearing up my fingers.