Oy caramba !!! Warwick Infinity SN rules

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AllodoX, May 11, 2002.

1. Went to MusikProduktiv(.de) today for a pack of plugs, cable and some other stuff.. they had a 5-string warwick Infinity SN there.. man that thing played and sounded nice.. :eek: ! it costs 1549 euro.. i might cancel my order for the streamer-LX5, and get one of these instead.

the sound lays somewhere between the thumb and the streamer-stage II.. very nice ! :D
  2. Nice to read that the infinity sounds so good. Did you, by any chance, play a hollow body infinity? That one is still on the top of my list :D

If you did, is there a big difference in sound with the SN version?
  3. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    still loving mine! My favorite 5 string fretted so-far.
  4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    :D Hehe...Still loving HIS! My favorite 5-string fretted so-far. Hehe!!:D

6. But, that doesn't look like zebrano to my eyes. It's too dark and not stripey enough, compared to all the other zebrano wood basses I've seen (search the forums or visit Shuker's site and you'll see what I mean). Looks more like striped ovankol or something. Are you sure that you got the right picture? ;)
    Still, it's nice.
  7. I don't want to quote the pic again....

But something looks wrong to me with that bass design. It almost looks like the neck doesn't go through the body straight. I'm sure it's just some sort of optical illusion, but it seems to me that if they rotated the body a clockwise a bit, it would look fine.

I don't know if anyone gets what I'm trying to say, but that was bothered the heck out of me. That said, I bet the bass does sound great. I trust Allo's opinion (except when it comes to MM). :D
  8. I think the body is actually supposed to be offset. Pushing the upper horn further away from the neck improves balance, something Warwick's not exactly known for.
  9. It's not so much the upper horn that gets me... The lower bout just seems a little weird. I may just be seeing things.
  10. As a proud of owner of a decidedly unconventional-looking FBB, I greet your concern with an emphatic "ENH."
  11. Well, there are just certain things that don't strike my eyes quite right...

No big deal. I was just wondering if anyone else noticed it.
  12. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I kinda see it. From the waist down it looks a little off. Still looks like a Fine bass, but Xush's is just Killer!! I don't think a SN could possibly beat that one!
  13. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    I don't dig the looks of the Infinity SN so much (and you're right Hex, it looks twisted! weird. camera angle? we can hope). Now the Dolphin SN, that's some sweet stuff! What's with the lack of info about the SN basses on the website? Only pics I've found were on BassNW when they had one of each (for about a week).
  14. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Hmm, this pic (from M-P.de) doesn't look so hot either. Not nearly as nice as BNW's pictures. But I still like it better than the Infinity:

15. yeah.. i saw that one in the store too.. but i couldn't bare touch it.. :eek:

about the infinity picture.. yeah.. it is a lot lighter in real.. more thumb-BO like, but even a little lighter than that..

very nice stuff
  16. hehe.. it is a fine bass yes..
    every time I go to Musik-Produktiv, i'll check out the Infinity (with the holes) .. it playes sooooo nice !!! everything on that bass makes sence .. infinity equals balance !!!!

becauz of the $$ I had to buy the F.N.A. Jazz, but maybe my next bass will be the infinity .. not that I am complayning ! :D
  17. bass2020

Aug 27, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    From what i've read the new SN model have what warwick calls "Tone Chamber" system. Like a hollow body?
  18. dunno..
    but they're semi-neck thru :) set-neck i believe it's called..