Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Oysterhead

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by LimoWreck909, Dec 26, 2001.

1. LimoWreck909

LimoWreck909

Oct 5, 2001
    What does everyone think of Oysterhead. They sound very interesting, but I haven't heard them yet. I'm wondering if should get the cd. I'm a big fan of music that is "out there" (jazz fusion, namely, but I dig some prog-rock too)

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I like 'em. I have no idea what to call it.

3. I saw them on HBO's Reverb and thought they we're kinda boring. Seemed like mostly Claypool and Anastasio (sp?) doing a lot of wanking. JMO.

4. Joshua Pickenpaugh

Joshua Pickenpaugh Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2001
    The Midwest of USA
    I haven't really paid much attention to Mr. Claypool since the "Pork Soda" days. I kind of lost interest in all-things-Les after that awful "Brown Album". I've regretfully not heard anything great about Oysterhead. To bad, S.Copeland is one of my fav's.

5. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I saw them perform on Conan a couple months ago and thought they were ok. One of the guys I live with has the cd and he said it takes a while to get used to, but once you get used to it it's good.

6. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    I fell in love with Oysterhead when I first heard them, and I still love them now. :)

Contrary to popular belief, I did NOT know Les Claypool was in it when I started listening. ;)

7. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    I like um. A lot of talent and the roal least traveled.