Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by LimoWreck909, Dec 26, 2001.

1. LimoWreck909

Oct 5, 2001
    What does everyone think of Oysterhead. They sound very interesting, but I haven't heard them yet. I'm wondering if should get the cd. I'm a big fan of music that is "out there" (jazz fusion, namely, but I dig some prog-rock too)
  2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I like 'em. I have no idea what to call it.
  3. I saw them on HBO's Reverb and thought they we're kinda boring. Seemed like mostly Claypool and Anastasio (sp?) doing a lot of wanking. JMO.
  4. Joshua Pickenpaugh

Joshua Pickenpaugh Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2001
    The Midwest of USA
    I haven't really paid much attention to Mr. Claypool since the "Pork Soda" days. I kind of lost interest in all-things-Les after that awful "Brown Album". I've regretfully not heard anything great about Oysterhead. To bad, S.Copeland is one of my fav's.
  5. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    I saw them perform on Conan a couple months ago and thought they were ok. One of the guys I live with has the cd and he said it takes a while to get used to, but once you get used to it it's good.
  6. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    I fell in love with Oysterhead when I first heard them, and I still love them now. :)

Contrary to popular belief, I did NOT know Les Claypool was in it when I started listening. ;)
  7. nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    I like um. A lot of talent and the roal least traveled.