Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kirby, Jun 10, 2003.

1. kirby

Feb 24, 2003
    What effects does Claypool use for Mr.Oysterhead song, im specially interested in that intro sound where he plays just a few fills...
  2. Obsolex

Obsolex Guest

Nov 17, 2002
    I know for a fact that he uses the Boss (GT-4??) Multi-Effects pedal, the red one... I hear that that has some mad effects on it...
  3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't know what he used, apart that it's an envelope follower with delay and compression.
  4. dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    a LOT of compression, i dont know what pedlas or effects he uses, but for oysterhead albumn i noticed that hio has EXTREEM settings on the compressor. i can mimic the sound with the AX1B, with the compressor (comp1) at MAX.
  5. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    How ironic! I was just playing that song today and I was using my Guv'nor with a little edge to get that slightly overdriven sound and an autowah on my Ampeg.

How do you guys know he uses uber (ie EXTREME) compression? I have a compressor, I just don't see how you guys can just hear it.
  6. dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    what does "uber" means? my english is not that good....

if you mean extreem compression as i sayd... i just nail that tone (actaully NOT that one) with either my AX1B at max compression or with my boss limiter/enhnces crankin uo the compressor..... actually some cmops may work and some may not, with some "transparent" comp you wont get that compressed sound.
  7. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Uber... nerd talk... just don't say it lol.

Uber is basically like extreme, hardcore, something like that.
  8. dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004

so, im interested in knowing what synth or enveope filter (or whatever) did les used on the albumn???

i reded a note in as bass player mag about the gear he used on frog brigade, but its a different thing....

if amyone is intereste dhere is what he used in the road:

-carl thomson
    -ns design basses
    -korg tone works 300b (mostly for ewnvelope filters)
    -sansamp bass driver DI (for boost)
    -boomerang phrase sampler ("weird little space sounds")
    -furman power conditoner
    -dbx 160A compressor/limiter
    -korg tuner
    -ampeg SVT 3PRO

and 2 ampeg PR-410H cabs