Ozzfest 2006 Lineup

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Oxblood, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD

Yup thats right, the lineup for this year's Ozzfest has been released if you didn't know. And I have to say... I am extremely dissapointed in this years selection. As of right now im only interested in 4 bands: Lacuna Coil, SYL, Hatebreed, and All That Remains. I can't stand the majority of the other bands on there. Last year's lineup was sooooooooooo much better and I was crushed that I didn't get to see it.

Anyways... what do ya'll think of the bands that were chosen for this year? Is there any bands you think should have made it on there this year but didn't? Discuss.
  2. Aside from BLS, that second stage looks like a Warped Tour stage.
  3. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    Yeah, last year's lineup was definitely better. This year looks pretty so-so. I wouldn't mind seeing The Red Chord, Lacuna Coil, and BTBAM, and I would definitely love seeing SYL and Hatebreed, but the rest seems so.....blech.
    Oh well, because of camp, I wasn't able to go last year and won't be able to go this year. Let us know how it is if you go.
  4. XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005
    Slipnot was asked to headline but the refused, they felt they had toured enough with thier last album and they want to do solo projects.

I thought Ozzy was not going to perform any more Ozzfest's.
  5. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    The guy is actually doing only 10 dates on this year's tour. I laughed when I heard that. It's like heavy metal runs through his blood and he just can't stop.
  6. Slipknot performed in England for the Ozzfest a couple of years back but refused to perform on the main stage, preferring to headline the second stage. Reason unknown, but rumour has it that they didn't want to headline with old fart HM bands
  7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    The talking devil goat freaked me out! I shut the window as quick as I could. How stupid.

8. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    That line up sucks, that's a damn shame. I think everyones in the studio making albums right now.
  9. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Ozzfest should have ended like 6 years ago. It gets more embarassing each year.
  10. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Meh, I saw Maiden last summer for $30, the rest of the bands weren't worth the extra $170. And this year isn't worth a dime, except maybe for BLS.
  11. lbpark

lbpark Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Mobile, Al.
    $200 bucks a ticket? Are you kidding?

With that lineup, I can't see why anyone would pay that much. SYL would be cool, but not $200 cool.

Ozzy needs to pack it up.
  12. steve21

steve21 Banned

Ozzy... misses so many shows, messes up on so many shows, needs so much help so many shows... hang up the hat Ozzman.

System of a Down... eh... they're pretty dissapointing live I've heard, but I'd dig checking them out once.

Disturbed is a good band, 10,000 Fists was a great album.

Hatebreed and Lacuna Coil suck.

Black Label Society rocks. Best band there in terms of studio work + how good they are live.

Atreyu, Unearth, Bleeding Through, Norma Jean, Walls of Jericho, A Life Once Lost, All That Remains, and Between the Buried and Me suck.

Strapping Young Lad has Skullet.

Jesus christ, at the rate Ozzfest is going Sounds of the Underground sounds like it'd be a better tour! At least SOTU has GWAR.
  13. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    System of a down.

14. I saw the great show last year in San Bernardino, when Sharon and Iron Maiden had that little spat. I was there for Sabbath and Maiden, whom I love. BLS was pretty cool too. Definently worth sitting through the crappy bands. Don't think I'll make it this year though...only Ozzy? Compared to Sabbath, his solo work just doesn't cut it for me.

Where's Marilyn Manson?
  15. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I'm actually going to the SOTU tour instead of Ozzfest this year and I can't wait!!! The bands for this tour are 100x better than the bands picked for Ozzfest. Im really looking forward to seeing In Flames, Trivium, Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, As I Lay Dying, Through The Eyes Of The Dead, The Black Dahlia Murder & Terror. This is really going to be a kickass tour for sure.

http://www.soundsoftheundergroundtour.com/ for more info.
  16. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Meh, if I go I will be showing up late, skipping all the crap I'm not interested in and catching SOAD and Ozzy if he's there.

I seriously doubt slipknot was offered that and turned it down, the facts of that statement are a serious stretch I'd be willing to bet.

Compare SOAD's record sales to slipknot, enough said.
  17. BassinJay

Jan 30, 2006
    BLS only band worth seeing.
  18. Too bad this year's line up isn't anywhere as good as last year's...I mean, how can you beat Mastodon?
  19. +1, but Fishbone and Dead Kennedys are coming to town, I think i know where my money is going. SOAD is good, but not $200 good. Went to Ozzfest once, saw Slipknot, Lacuna Coil, Hatebreed, Slayer, Judas Priest, and Black Sabbath. Nothing will ever compare to that.
  20. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Fishbone is still doing shows?

I'm there.