Ozzfest sold out. :tears:

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Psyrcle, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Psyrcle

Psyrcle Guest

The more I think about it the more i cry. 2 years ago I went to my first ozzfest and I loved it. The people, the music, the surrounding area, it was all good. I had just enough money for a ticket and a water to last me from 10am-11pm. I left dehydrated, scraped up, and without my wallet but it was still the most kick ass thing I saw.

Now we have Wicked World on the second stage. I try to be open minded with new bands and music but Wicked World does not belong at Ozzfest. Neither does Velvet Revolver. If anything VR should be at The Monsters of Rock and WW at their tour dates in Europe. If Ozzfest is supposed to be a heavy metal festival why those bands? Why?
  2. Because appealing to a wider audience brings in money...and that's the entire reason this festival was created.

3. Psyrcle

Psyrcle Guest

you need to learn some rock and roll history. Ozzfest was started because Ozzy wasn't allowed at Lollapalooza. And it is a HEAVY METAL FESTIVAL!

Allowing Velvet Revolver to join the tour is like having Sachmo on the Warped Tour.
  4. My bad.
    It's also another way to diversify the audience...and bring in more money.

5. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Yeah, Ozzfest is good this year, but it could be a million times better. But definitely check these out:

Main Stage:
    Megadeth, Dream Theater, Fear Factory, Dillinger Escape Plan and Nevermore.
    Second Stage:
    Life Of Agony
    Symphony X
    Dry Kill Logic
    [To be Confirmed "New school band that plays old school"]

-Sounds of the Underground tour:

Lamb of God, Clutch, Poison The Well, Opeth, Unearth, From Autumn To Ashes, Chimaira, Norma Jean, Every Time I Die, Strapping Young Lad, Throwdown, High On Fire, Devil Driver, All That Remains, A Life Once Lost, Fear Before The March Of Flames, The Black Dahlia Murder, Nora, Full Blown Chaos, Madball, Terror, The Red Chord, HIMSA and more. Also, a special half-time performance will be made by GWAR midway thru the show.
  6. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Ozzfest isn't really a "metal" festival, its a "look at us, we are fringe grrrrr, buy our stuff" festival.

If you want metal go to Dynamo.
  7. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    It's still designed to make money. Big acts=Big cash

Considering the direction (or nosedive..as it were) that Warped Tour's taken in the past few years, I wouldn't be surprised if this happened.
  8. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Will Smith's wifes band is opening the second stage, Wicked Wisdom, on Ozzfest that is.
  9. Head Creep

Head Creep

Nov 6, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Money, and arguably Sharon Osbourne.

I'm glad I got my tickets the first day they went on sale, because I probably wouldn't have gotten them after Wicked Wisdom was added to the set. It's not that I'm going to be subjected to her music (she's the first on stage, and at that time I'll be in the parking lot moshing to a garage band with a power generator), but adding that band on is a slap in the face to all the metalheads who are going there. Wicked Wisdom opened for Britney f***ing Spears! NO! :mad:

But on the bright side, I got decent seats, get to see Iron Maiden's last show on the U.S. leg of their tour, and get to see Slipknot play their one and only apperance on Ozzfest. Los Angeles isn't so bad after all...
  10. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I wish I could go to the sounds of the underground tour, but Ozzfest will be cool anyway.
  11. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I'll try to take notes. :D

I'm catching it in Orlando.
  12. Just bought my tickets for the Columbus, OH show :)
  13. Caeros

Jul 24, 2002
    Branford, CT
    Sabbath, Maiden, Shadows Fall, Mastodon, Killswitch, among others... Ozzfest still seems very worthwhile, whereas SOTU has maybe three bands I'd like to see, and aside from Symphony X, the Gigantour second stage is awful.
  14. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Ozzfest is definitely worthwhile. There are more band's on that I would like to see more than any other festival tour going on this summer, and i'm definitely going, but if you can't make it to Ozzfest, go to one of the other two.
  15. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Iron Maiden are there.....for some dates. That would be all the reason I need to go :)
  16. Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Unfortunately Ozzfest isn't coming to Atlanta this year - I'd love to see Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden.
    However, I am going to go to see Porcupine Tree, Opeth (sounds of the underground which I just found out about in this thread), Victor Wooten, El Pus, Static-X, and possibly everything on Gigantour. :bassist:
  17. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Slipknot's playing the San Bernardino show, if anyone didn't know.