Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ozzfest vs Iron Maiden

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Vorago, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    This is the story:

Before the gig, "Doctor doctor" was played, and somebody started screaming "Ozzy, Ozzy!" through the PA.

During the IM gig, the PA fell out five times

Ice, bottles and eggs were thrown at IM (some say out of the VIP)

When IM thanks the crowd someone screams "Ozzy" again through the PA.

Sharon calls Bruce Dickingson a "Prick" Bruce gives an angry speach. ...y to? Perhaps we'll never know ... [/EDIT]

2. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    LOL....Are you over there at the Zakk Wylde Board too? I just got finished reading and listning to those over there. You know Im a big Ozzy and Maiden fan, but this kind of pisses me off and makes me laugh at the same time.

Sharron is such a bitch anyway look at what she did with Ozzy's first two albums. What ever sharron says or does dosn't really suprise me anymore.

I'm about done with Ozzy tho...IMO I think Sharron is the reason for Ozzy losing his Metal Status... There has been a lot of Ozzy fans turning their backs on him.

3. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I read it at another metalboard, thought it might interest the IM fans here.

4. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Notice Sharron gets booed off the stage whilst Bruce has the crowd cheering along with him. Says it all really.

5. I don't know why Maiden were playing Ozzfest anyway. They could easily handle a tour on their own. Even if it was just them - playing for four hours or so.

Sharon sucks.

6. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Btw, Bruce's "we the people" speach reminded me a lot of Nonsqtr, for some reason... :ninja:

:D

7. She's lucky Bruce didn't rally the fans and go all Trooper and make Sharon run to the hills!

8. fr0me0

fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    Iron maiden kicks ass. Sharon can go **** herself. I dunno why Maiden was evn playing ozzfest they can totally do their own tour.

9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    If Iron Maiden did a tour now, they could probably sell out 2000 seat theaters tops. Ozzfest takes place in stadiums and large amphitheaters.

10. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    theres no need to censor anything here.

these are not direct links you'll have to paste it into your URL and paste it into your browser. These downloads contain swearing.

Sharon Osbourne is a b****. What she did is completely rude and wrong.

11. fr0me0

fr0me0

Dec 7, 2004
    Winnipeg Canada
    I saw maiden 2 years ago at Molson Amphitheatre and it appeared to be fairly packed and it seats 9000 and has additional seating for 7000 on the lawn. Sure not as big as ozzfest but it was 3 bands not 25.

12. FenderHotRod

FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    Arkansas
    At the Zakk Wylde message board there has been two threads like this deleted.

I guess Sharon is Ozzy's- Yoko

13. FriscoBassAce

FriscoBassAce

Dec 29, 2004
    Frisco, Texas
    Independent Manufacturers Representative
    Wow that really stinks. That just goes to show you that there's a lot more going on behind the scenes in the music biz than people think. My theory? That Sharon and crew were pissed because Maiden was the bigger draw. Whenever they come to Dallas, they do a fair job of packing the shed here. Usually about 10,000 or so in attendance.

Maiden won't be here this week for Ozzfest because of conflicting dates. We get Velvet Revolver. It will be very interesting to see what happens here on Thursday. I've got tickets....so we'll see.

14. FriscoBassAce

FriscoBassAce

Dec 29, 2004
    Frisco, Texas
    Independent Manufacturers Representative
    Forgot to ask: What day and in what city did this happen?

15. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Screw her... Can't stand her... Ozzy should have finished a job when he tried to chock her...

Really... every one is suprised that she is a c***? Its very noticeble from the start really...

I am very much glad that i never went to ozzfest... I love a lot of bands that play there but i don't feel like supporting "that". Probably same reason I am glad i never laughed at mentally ill kids.

I will see (or saw) every band (except for black sabbith) when they are doing their own thing.

I acctually really hope this will be over with and we will never hear from her again...

16. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    [Smash's edit] No links to anything that wouldn't be allowed on TB. Disclaimers do not make it OK. Thanks.

17. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    [Smash's edit] No links to anything that wouldn't be allowed on TB. Disclaimers do not make it OK. Thanks.

18. Damn they should've got eddie on stage besides Ozzy lost my vote when he started his own TV show

19. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    I wonder what this will do to what's left of Ozzy's cred...

UP THE IRONS!

Maiden was the first show I ever saw, and boy was it a show!

20. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Ironfest has a catchy sound to it :D