Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ozzy has Parkin Syndrome

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, May 10, 2005.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

2. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
  3. mattmcnewf

mattmcnewf

May 27, 2004
    that just sounds funny
    i know its mean but its so odd. I mean he had parkinsons all this time and it was all blamed on drugs
    if it were anyother person he would of been diganosed with it years ago.

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Perkins syndrome? You mean he enjoys a delcious breakfast any time of the day?

... sorry, I've never seen it... shortened....

Yeah, I figured he had it.

5. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Funny, I've never even seen him drive, let alone try out spaces at the parking lot like he has a condition

6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Nope. Carl Perkins.

It's a paranoia disorder...thinkin' people wanna step on his blue suede shoes.

7. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
  8. That makes him what, something like six years younger than Keith Richards? Ozzy doesn't seem so old when you think of that...

9. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I am sure Sharon will still have him go out and do the Oz Fest in the summers.

10. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    In case anybody is confused, this is not a "new story" - Ozzy has known all of this for many many years. Also, Parkin Syndrome is not Parkinson's Disease. I heard this story years ago, only in that interview Ozzy and Sharon referred to it as a "non specific hereditary stammer" I believe. At any rate, yes it's a hereditary disease, not necessarily the result of his chemical abuse. Although there are some similarities, it is not Parkinson's Disease. Also, incase anyone is confused - Ozzy RAWKS!!!!!11

11. Ozzy may stutter and stammer but you can tell he's not a dumb guy, despite what his appearance might make you think.

12. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Not that long ago he was on the Jon Stewart show, and he was very well-spoken, totally coherant, totally understandable. That was almost weird. I wonder if he was medicated?

13. That's what I mean. At times you wouldn't know anything was wrong with him.

14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Even though he's sometimes fighting to get anything out.. he has a quick wit about him.

15. Psyrcle

Psyrcle Guest

This really is a dampner on my day.

16. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, most likely *not* medicated. The bumbling, stuttering, pretty much unintilligible persona he had on The Osbournes was a result of like... a billion pills a day (the number 62 popped in my head)? He'd been drastically overperscribed for a few things, and was pretty much a zombie, by all accounts. I don't think he was abusing them, just taking an overperscription of them.

He's much more coherent these days, now that he's not on more medications than Rhode Island.

17. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I knew sometime else had to be wrong with him because if you see him in old interviews where he was really hitting the drugs, he was 100% understandable.

18. Long live Ozzy and the real Black Sabbath. The only kind of Christian music I can take. Looking forward to the 6 Ozzfests I'll be attending this summer. Hope I'm wrong but gut tells me this reallly is it for the real Sabbath.

I've said it before and I'll say it now, you have not lived til you experience Geezer live. Electric Funeral will move the skin on your face from the front row. Oh my G*d I can't f*ck*ng wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!