1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ozzy is back ... possibly his best.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BassFishingInAmerica, Nov 11, 2019.

1. BassFishingInAmerica

BassFishingInAmerica

Jul 24, 2014
    1.5M views in 3 days

2. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 Groove it Supporting Member

Supposedly this is Duff McKagen on bass. I cannot definitively confirm this.

3. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

No Gaga duet?

4. chadhargis

chadhargis Jack of all grooves, master of none Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    Whoever it is on bass is really really good. Great tone and great playing!

5. Nope, his best was Diary of a Madman, Full Stop!
    It will be a hit, everything he does is a hit somehow. I love him, but haven't bought a record since No More Tears.
    At least that song where he used auto-tune got him noticed by a younger generation.

We've been watching Jack & Ozzy's World Detour, which is compelling somehow, LOL!
    It's almost as much fun as Drunk History.

6. BassFishingInAmerica

BassFishingInAmerica

Jul 24, 2014
    Diary of a Madman will always be his solo peak. I wish that album had the same sound production as this new one. Although it might sound overly polished and made for radio, I love that heavy EQ.

Charlzm, Socobass, TinyE and 2 others like this.
  7. BassFishingInAmerica

BassFishingInAmerica

Jul 24, 2014
  8. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone. Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Every artist’s latest project is the “greatest” thing they’ve done. ;)

9. ElectroVibe

ElectroVibe

Mar 2, 2013
    That's the consensus. However, the cat says Blizzard of Ozz.

Charlzm, diegom, packhowitzer and 3 others like this.
  10. Mr. Crowley will not be happy about this.

lowplaces, MF-Winzlow and danesdad like this.
  11. ElectroVibe

ElectroVibe

Mar 2, 2013
    This video makes it into my personal Top something.

12. Wraithwrider

Wraithwrider

Nov 8, 2005
    Kendal UK
    He's still got a heck of a voice. Not been involved with his stuff since early Sabbath. I'm impressed.

13. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Ozzy blows my mind. Dude can hardly form a cohesive sentence when speaking. It's 45 seconds of grunts an "uh" with some gibberish in between. I can't understand a word he says.

But when he sings, his enunciation is better than a middle school English teacher. He's one of the few rock singers you CAN understand plainly.

Good for him still getn it done. He hasn't lost a bit of voice. The only other old guy I ever heard keep his huge voice until the end was BB King.

14. Snibborwocky

Snibborwocky

Oct 16, 2015
    Kind of weird with Duff on bass and Chad Smith on drums but it works I guess. I'm just wondering why he didn't use his usual band for this song and upcoming album? Maybe it will be a mix of using a bunch of different musicians for every song? That might actually be kind of fun.

15. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Usual band? Ozzy has had dozens of guitar and bass players over the years. Pretty much the hottest guitar slinger of the day was on Ozzy's latest albums for a couple decades.

Here's a list and it's a made up of some household names in musician circles.
    List of Ozzy Osbourne members - Wikipedia

mikewalker and wintremute like this.
  16. 210superair

210superair

Sep 10, 2019
    Lol, yeah, that always struck me about the Oz. Also, as he got older, and especially after his 4 wheeler wreck, he would wobble out on stage like he can barely walk. Then once out there, he was like a different guy. Not doint cartwheels or anything of course, but noticeably different!

For my money, Bark at the Moon is my favorite Ozzy track. That coda guitar lick still gets me every time.

two fingers likes this.
  17. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    Sounds like old school Ozzy to me. Amazing how consistent he is.

210superair likes this.
  18. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    In that photo, he looks like the father of the female guitarist in the Nissan commercial (or maybe HIS father).

19. 4001

4001 SUSPENDED

I'd throw in Blizzard since he recorded both albums at the same time....

Charlzm and the zombywoof like this.