Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ozzy's Daughter on MTV

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by redjeep!, Jun 21, 2002.

1. redjeep!

redjeep! Guest

Jan 19, 2002
    Dublin
    Just watched Kelly Osbourne murdering a copy of 'Papa Don't Preach' on MTV.

Must rank as one of the worst things I've seen in a long while.

:eek:

2. Casper

Casper

Mar 11, 2002
    Harrisburg, PA
    i agree

the distorted vocals, the HORRIFIC dancing in the video (the overal vid sucks), i'm not really anticipating the full album from her. i've always defended kelly when most ppl online talk unneeded **** on her, but she's asking for it here.

just awful

ugh

3. boomerang

boomerang Guest

Dec 9, 2001
    Canada
    i heard shes doing her own rendition of madonna's "sex book" :eek:

4. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    No No No!!!

5. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but I think Kelly's hot. *runs and sprays himself with fire estiquisher foam to protect against the flames*

Anyways, a punkified version of Papa Don't Preach is pretty cool, but it's just hard to believe the whole sticht when she's freaking Ozzy's daughter, she hasn't had to pay one due in her life. I really don't expect her to be "The next big thing" by anymeans. Of course, I've been wrong before.

6. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    There is no way they would have played that video
    if she wasn't Ozzy's daughter! It was probably tied in with that 20 million dollar deal the Osbourns made with MTV.......the greed factor with those guys is getting a little much!

7. downward spiral

downward spiral

Jul 20, 2001
    horrific over-dyed overweight blob.

8. yeh.. wow guys, i really really wanted to see kelly os. dancing around in skimpy clothes on MTV...

yeh.. mmmm

no....:oops:

9. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    ya know whats really funny about this big osbourne blow-up?everyone is always saying "oh man ozzy is the god of metal" etc...and metal is like anti-pop whatever,but now the osbournes are turning into a household name and selling pillows with their faces on them,and making videos and signing big contracts and having little figurines of themselves.i know what i just said sounds cliche but its so true.

10. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    oh by the way i think the song is actually pretty good.

11. Yea - I think you all are being a bit too harsh. That was the only part of the show I saw, and I was impressed! I really was. I liked the look, the unassuming way she moved and sang. I think it really worked well.

Good for her! :D

12. Oh yea - and that was a very nice comment!

:rolleyes:

13. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Agreed, keithconn. If I was given a shot at 17 years of age to be on TV, worldwide, with a top-rate production crew and a grade A-backing band, I doubt I could say "yes" fast enough. After all, a good singing voice is hardly a requirement for rock.

Incubus was the backing band on her original version, so they were riding her father's star power as much as she. At least she's not trying to be ditzy, jewel-in-the-navel, bare midriff, diva.

I think she's just exploring one of the many options open to her.

14. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Not to mention that it's nice for young girls to have a realistic image to compare themselves to, as opposed to a bunch of girls who could really benefit from eating a cookie....

I think Kelly takes being a rock star about as seriously as she should--not at all.

15. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars
    ROFL and...Good point! :D

The one who scares me a bit is Ozzy's son (name escapes me at the moment)...doesn't he have an A&R gig at one of the majors (Ozzy's label, no doubt)? How'd you like that kid in charge of your contract negotiations?

Now Sharon on the other hand...I think she's a freaking genius as a manager. Look at how she's managed Ozzy's career all these many years.

16. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

17. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    What makes you say that? There are a s**tload of crap bands on MTV (and the radio, for that matter) and there are also s**tload of uglies on MTV.

FWIW, I don't think Kelly "butchered" that tune and I don't think she's ugly. She's not really my type, but she is kind of cute. I do agree that the Osbourne kids have it pretty good and resent the fact that they'll never have to "work" a day in their lives though.

18. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    Poor Ozzy......:(

19. hmm, well I used to really like Ozzy Osbourne, and actually had (some) respect for the guy, especially in the Rhandy Roads era he rocked my world. But today I'm almost ashamed to say that I actually like his music. What's up with those people??!??! come on Ozzy start thinking!. You (and your riddiculous family) are ruining your career! man do I hate this Osbourne family stuff, yuck!

20. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

I hardly think he's ruining his career! The money he's making from this will help him into retirement quite nicely I'm sure. I'm sure that very few people will stop buying Ozzy stuff just because of the show!!! I'm sure if the music is as good as he's done before fans will still continue to buy it!