Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cobrasneverdie, Mar 20, 2004.

1. i hope this is in the right forum. (didnt know where else to put it) well our band is in need of a pa we will only be running vocals but we got a budget around 350. we can get a deal on one for about 350. anyone use one? would it be enough wattage for a small outdoor gig (lets say in a backyard. but rocking out pretty loud). and how does it sound?

edit. i totally forgot to say what we were looking at. we were looking at a fender passport p-250.

linkage: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...4936648/g=live/search/detail/base_pid/480616/
  2. These things are barely worth the plastic they're made out of. You might want to look in your local classifieds and see if you can find some decent used gear. You'll need at least two 12" two way PA cabs and a few hundred watts of power (from something like a powered mixer) to get vocals heard over a loud band. Sorry!
  3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    I agree...sort of.

Two summers ago the guys that I played in bands with in high school got together (after 25 yrs) to make noise again. We used a Passport for the rehearsal but relied on more power and speakers for the Saturday night performance for family and friends.

The Passport belonged to one of the guitarists who uses it for acoustic gigs...it seems well suited for that, but nothing louder.