P.Audio. My hunt for a good 15"

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, Oct 28, 2005.

1. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I just spotted this P.audio C15-600EL driver and it looks great for my 15" + 6" cab. But why is it so much cheaper than a JBL or Beyma with about the same specs? Is it a case of you get what you pay for? In that case where are the savings made? In parts or with cheaper labour costs?

And please give me your feedback on the C15-600EL and P.Audio in general.

2. I added this driver to my spread sheet.

On paper, it looks decent. F3 is 61 ~ 71 Hz, depending on the vented alignment. Cabinet volume is 2.3 to 2.5 cubic feet (65 to 70 liter).

Xmax is a bit short at 5mm, and combined with an EBP of 127, means this driver is intended for a vented box.

I very much doubt this driver is made in the UK, if it is cheap. Labor costs are too high. Beyma and Selenium have lower labor costs, and offer high quality drivers. JBL is beyond reach, due to labor costs. I suspect the PAudio driver is made in Asia, or subcontracted to a lower labor cost factory somewhere outside the UK.

The BL is slightly lower than its peers in the Qts=0.31 group, but still plenty high.

I don't see anything wrong with this driver, especially if it is inexpensive enough to experiment with.
  3. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I was first aiming at the Beyma 15 G40 (€250) but found the p.Audio at €150. In WinISD the difference is not worth €100 to me.
  4. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    PAudio comes out of Thailand. They have some good looking JBL E series clones. I've had good luck with their neos.
  5. ciubz

Jan 30, 2005
    tested one of these (350w rms) along with some eminences and carvins. P.audio had the best low end response. I bought one, replaced the standard speaker in my gk mbx 115 cab and couldn't be happier.