p-bass and jazz bass differences?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sixstringbass, Oct 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I wanna know what the difference in sound is between a precision and jazz bass. i play a standard p-bass but wanna know if a jazz bass sounds better or just how it sounds. anything would be much appreciated.
  2. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    What an unique idea for a thread.
  3. Dude, you go try the "other" bass in question and then tell us. Such things have never before been attempted, and I for one am too scared to find out the result.

And what is this "sixstringbass" you speak of? Surely the work of witchcraft... you a voodoo shaman- man bub?

Next you'll be telling me there are basses that mix the pickups from both style basses, and I tell you, when you confirm that, I'm jumping off the first skyscraper I see because that is most certainly a sign of the apocolypse.

Only a devil would make us choose.
  4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Man, you guys are brutal...

But as Mon Rominee wrote, if you play one, go try the other and decide for yourself.

And maybe try the search function...
  5. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    I...can't believe this thread exists...
  6. Mr.Typhus

Sep 14, 2004
    "There are no stupid questions, there are only stupid people." -Some random guy on the bar
  7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    This thread no longer does. This has been done to death. Call me brutal or whatever you want, but I am closing this. We have a search function for a reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.