1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

P-Bass blows my mind... again.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SPAZ5446, Oct 22, 2010.

1. SPAZ5446

SPAZ5446

Aug 25, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Currently I am using my friends Squier Affinity P-bass, and have been for some time now. I started looking into Music Man's because I felt that I needed some more tone shaping abilities with my bass. However I jammed with a couple of friends of mine and it sounded perfect, sat right in the mix and got the tone I wanted with it. Even with my little 75 watts 1x10 combo it managed to fill the room without losing tone. It seems every time I doubt the P-bass it proves to be the bass that I really need. Anyone else thought that they needed to upgrade to a premium, on board pre-amp, super amazing hand crafted bass when all they really needed was a affordable, passive one?

2. Yes, several times. Welcome to the club.

3. I feel that way every time I pick up my P and play it. :D

4. thomasthecat

thomasthecat

Jul 12, 2010
    yeah, it sucks. hahaha. no really my girl friend just bought me a cort p bass, and i wanted to hate it. dont know why, just wanted to. its my main player know because it plays like butter and the tone is undescribably amazing...at least to me

5. Nashrakh

Nashrakh

Aug 16, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    +1000

6. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Nice! P basses are great, that single pickup is a wondrous thing. If that's the sound that you like, the only "upgrade" would be in terms of construction and playability. Maybe a Lakland Bob Glaub would be the ultimate bass for you!

7. It's funny how they never really caught on! :D