1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD P-bass body "Bel Air Blue" with PG and Bridge

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by jazzyitalian, Sep 16, 2017.

1. jazzyitalian

jazzyitalian Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Lawyer and Hobbist Bass Maker
    Price:
    $95
    We received this body from a lot of various items we bought from a retiring luthier.

This is a used body. But condition wise it's fantastic. A very sturdy solid body that's either Alder or Swamp Ash.

The paint is a unique metallic blue color with a slight green tint to it. The best way I can describe it would be to equate the color to the Chevy Bel Air, as in the 1957 Bel Air.

IMG_1538.JPG

upload_2017-9-16_19-37-8.png

The neck pocket has the same dimensions as a fender p-bass. But I cannot say for certain that this is a fender body. In speaking with Denny ("a/k/a Master Bass") he thinks this may be an SX body due to the color.

Cosmetically, I give this a 98%. It's all nice and well kept. There are just a few small dings in the clear coat and paint on the back of the body that I could not get to show up in the photos. I'll try again later. I think you could find some small 1/2 ounce modeling paint at Micheal's to touch up the spots. It's all minor in my book.

There are strap pins, a bridge, and a white pick guard are part of this package. There are no bridge screws and I'll include screws for the pick guard. My asking price includes shipping (to USA residents only) , the bridge and white guard. Add $10 more for the black guard. If you live outside of the US, please inquire with me on an international shipping quote.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    Gord_oh, covermego and pudge like this.
  2. How much does it weigh?

3. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    4 to 4.25 pounds.

4. jazzyitalian

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Sale Pending....

5. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    PayPal Sent :)

Are you a member of the local FaceBook group MNBassMasons?

Dave

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021