1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

P Bass bridge Cover

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by King Tut, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Dudes,

I've just bought a bridge cover for my 'classic' P bass. Thing is, it looks bigger than the ones I've seen in pictures. Would one of you with the real thing be kind enough to measure the distance between the screw holes, so I can make sure I've got the proper deal before i drill holes in my baby?

Cheers :meh:

2. 91hondast1100

91hondast1100

Jul 19, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Bridge cover appears to be 4" width and a 2.75" height.

I would think if you have a bridge cover larger than the above you most likely have a Jazz Bass bridge cover.

Warren

3. 91hondast1100

91hondast1100

Jul 19, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Attached, some photos of my "Crafted in Japan" Fender 1957 re-issue that may help give you an idea of what the bridge and pickup covers look like.

Warren

Attached Files:

4. Well, the Jazz Bass bridge cover would have a big "F" on it.

5. Honda - where have you taken your measurements from - is 4 inches the width of the mouth of the opening - or the total width? Also, what is the height from the bass body to the bit above the bridge saddles - also, the distance between the screw holes?

Cheers

6. 91hondast1100

91hondast1100

Jul 19, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    4 inches is the width across from screw opening to screw opening. Height of the bridge cover itself is as stated above at 2.75". If yours is larger than this with a big "F" logo on it, you've got a Jazz bridge cover. I would suggest going to a dealership and finding a model with the covers on it first before you start drilling and seeing where the holes are located.

7. Thanks guys - my cover has screw hole centres of 120mm - I think it should be 100mm - it's def not a Jazz cover, maybe it's for a 5 string........thank god I didn't drill those holes!

Col

8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

J-Bass Bridge Cover for 4 string
    [​IMG]

P-Bass Bridge Cover for 4 string
    [​IMG]

9. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks I build Grosbeak Guitars and Basses Commercial User

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Grosbeak Guitars
    they make an oversize bridge cover for p-basses so that it will fit over the badass bass bridges, thats probably what you got.