1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

P bass colour...help!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by daveo119, Sep 30, 2008.

1. G'day all,

I've been gassin' for a new bass lately. Its been narrowed down to an American standard Precision.

Heres the problem, I'm loving the olympic white with the stock tort. But I also love the black, I'd have either a black p/g or a tort p/g on the black P.

Either way it'll be with a maple neck, I played one yesterday and it was like playing on glass. I love it!

So, everyone, what are your preferences?

Oh yeah, and in regards to the 'u' in colour, that's the way it is for us.

Cheers heaps,

Dave.

2. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    IMG_3207.

3. yes, it does look God-like, doesn't it.

4. dinghy

dinghy

May 27, 2007
    Saratoga, CA
    ^ that's what I would do. Black or white with tort and maple is sexy though.

5. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I'm a terrible photographer but I'm tempted to post a P-bass family shot. Again...

6. jmaestro

jmaestro

Feb 13, 2008
    Florida
    Black P with Black PG for Maple Fingerboard.

7. GeneralElectric, is the olympic white a perfect white, or more of an off white?

I can't say i can remember from yesterday haha.

Cheers,

Dave.

8. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    It's an off white... and super sexy. Both are great color combo's. I'd go to the local shop and play both, let which ever sounds better to you decide. I was gassin' for a 3ts P but after playing the Oly/Tort one... it simply sounded and felt better, so it's what went home with me.

9. akane2

akane2

Sep 28, 2008
    Well i know one thing... you have to get a shell pickguard.

Attached Files:

10. Haha yeah the tort's a given. The problem is that I'll have to order it in, not only is my local shop dreadfully over-priced. But they only have the oly white which has been sitting on the shelf for ages and is scratched.

I want a brand new one haha. As this will be my first great quality bass and it's going to cost a year's worth of savings i don't want to settle for second best on anything.

I think i prefer the white, the fact that it's off white is a plus.

Cheers,

Dave.