1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

P-Bass Deluxe VS Ergodyne

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PollyBass, Jul 27, 2001.

1. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Hi, im in the market for a new Bass. Im really comfortable with my standerd p-bass. but Im thinking of getting a ibanez ED. Would i be able to get that cool midrange growly type sound from the ibanez? or should i just play it safe and get the p-bass deluxe? whats you opnion on these guitars? and why? im wheighing the good and bad so to speak.

2. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Personally I don't like the ergodyne bass... it sounds allright i guess but I think it is just ugly... I like the p-bass better but it all depends on you and what you like better. are you getting an American pbass?? If thats what you are looking at, I say go for the Fender P... thats just me though :)

3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    No, id be getting a mim p-bass deluxe, with the j pickup at the bridge. and i dont care about the look. just if i could get that p-bass sound, or somthing like it. with the ibanez

4. I have the Ergodyne EDC700 and I like it.I also have a starndard mia Fender P and I LOVE it!:D

Need I say more? ;)

Play them both and decide what suits you best.To me the Ergo always sounds weaker after I play my P.