P-Bass Deluxe VS Ergodyne

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PollyBass, Jul 27, 2001.

1. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Hi, im in the market for a new Bass. Im really comfortable with my standerd p-bass. but Im thinking of getting a ibanez ED. Would i be able to get that cool midrange growly type sound from the ibanez? or should i just play it safe and get the p-bass deluxe? whats you opnion on these guitars? and why? im wheighing the good and bad so to speak.
  2. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Personally I don't like the ergodyne bass... it sounds allright i guess but I think it is just ugly... I like the p-bass better but it all depends on you and what you like better. are you getting an American pbass?? If thats what you are looking at, I say go for the Fender P... thats just me though :)
  3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    No, id be getting a mim p-bass deluxe, with the j pickup at the bridge. and i dont care about the look. just if i could get that p-bass sound, or somthing like it. with the ibanez
  4. I have the Ergodyne EDC700 and I like it.I also have a starndard mia Fender P and I LOVE it!:D

Need I say more? ;)

Play them both and decide what suits you best.To me the Ergo always sounds weaker after I play my P.