Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

P Bass JR info search: Part Deaux

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mongeaux, May 31, 2004.

1. Mongeaux

Mongeaux

Apr 14, 2004
    So far I have only been able to find one guy on all the bass forums I visit who has actually played a P bass JR. This is what he says about it.

mojothumper
    (5/30/04 10:48 am)
    Reply Re: P Bass Jr. We (my store) just recieved two jr's. One was ordered for a friend of mine. The second is for store stock. I can't figure out how such a short scale can feel so tight and focused. It plays and sounds better than any medium and short scale bass I've ever played. They are using some kind of voodoo @ fender. Every one of my friends who've tried now want it. The only drawback is the price, but that's subjective. I do wish that for $379.99 they could at least throw in a gig bag or something.

So far all the other posts I have gotten on this topic have been negative. IE. It will sound like mud, its a childs toy bass ect. Of course none of the other posters have actually played one of these little P's. The guy above seems to think the P-JR is the best sounding short scale he has ever played on.

So anyway, I continue my quest to get input from more people who have actually tried this bass. Heck, even if you just see one in a store try it out and let me know what you think so I can stop making a pest of myself :hyper: