1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

P Bass JR info search: Part Deaux

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mongeaux, May 31, 2004.

1. Mongeaux

Mongeaux

Apr 14, 2004
    So far I have only been able to find one guy on all the bass forums I visit who has actually played a P bass JR. This is what he says about it.

mojothumper
    (5/30/04 10:48 am)
    Reply Re: P Bass Jr. We (my store) just recieved two jr's. One was ordered for a friend of mine. The second is for store stock. I can't figure out how such a short scale can feel so tight and focused. It plays and sounds better than any medium and short scale bass I've ever played. They are using some kind of voodoo @ fender. Every one of my friends who've tried now want it. The only drawback is the price, but that's subjective. I do wish that for $379.99 they could at least throw in a gig bag or something.

So far all the other posts I have gotten on this topic have been negative. IE. It will sound like mud, its a childs toy bass ect. Of course none of the other posters have actually played one of these little P's. The guy above seems to think the P-JR is the best sounding short scale he has ever played on.

So anyway, I continue my quest to get input from more people who have actually tried this bass. Heck, even if you just see one in a store try it out and let me know what you think so I can stop making a pest of myself :hyper: