1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

P-bass & Korg DTR-2000 tuner

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bannerman, Mar 30, 2009.

1. bannerman

bannerman

Aug 29, 2007
    Portland
    I have a Korg DTR-2000 tuner, works great on my Aerodyne P pickup. Just got a Bob Glaub and it sounds incredible, I'm tickled pink, but it simply does not register on the tuner. Sometimes (rarely) I can get the A D and G to pick up but never the E. I've tried putting the tuner in chromatic mode and bass mode. I thought at first that my tuner wasn't plugged in so I connected my bass directly to the front of the tuner :p

The guy I bought from put light strings on it... I think the playability was bothering him cause he's not a big dude, and this sucker is heavy and the neck is wide. Maybe putting normal strings on it would help. Any tips? It's very frustrating. I don't like tuning by ear because my ear is too subjective.

On a possibly related note, I have noticed that my Ashdown "sub-harmonic" octavizer thing sometimes picks up a weird frequency instead of the octave as well. It's odd and it makes it unusable on low notes.

2. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    I've not seen the kind of behavior you're describing. However, if you're getting the tuner having problems and the octaver not tracking, you might try turning the tone control on the bass down, so you're cutting out more of the overtones (i.e. high frequencies) and leaving mostly fundamental.

Mike