Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

p-bass lovers.. check this..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Reverend G-Money, Jul 13, 2002.

1. it's been one month now and i'm blown away.. check the photos..

2. best part is it's a four string body with a 5 string neck.. check the mod's for upper register stuff...

3. another shot, tight neck, routing was minimal.. neck is still SUPER STABLE!

4. ok, one last one.. string thru body, allparts alder body, warmoth neck.. so stoked..

5. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    :confused:

Umm..why? Why did you just get a...why did you decide to...why didnt you sand...uhh. Why?

6. you know, didn't occur to me at the time.. shoot.. ah, no biggie.. it kicks some serious rump though. how you say, "hand placement?" .. uh yeah.. some sick stuff coming through this one..

7. i meant the sanding.. the pickups and wiring were on purpose.. !!! :D :D

it's crazy i know, but it was really what i was looking for.. passive bassive rule.. biased, i know..

8. passive basses!! i mean.. wow, it's late..

9. Looks pretty cool! At first i didn't even realize it was a five string. How does that P and MM setup sound?

I'm curious, why didn't you place the humbucker closer to the bridge? Looks good though.

Why just the one knob? Volume I assume, but why not a passive EQ, or two volume knobs so the pups can be solo'd?

10. I want to put a P/MM configuration in my Squier 5-string P-Bass. Cool bass.

11. icks

icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
  12. I love it because it only has one knob....I really dislike lots of knobs:eek: cool bass gustomatic ...Its a Gustomatic signature model:)

13. looks really cool, man. what kind of bridge is that?

14. dancehallclasher: the bridge is a hipshot. built like a freakin tank. the hardware is all from allparts, minus the bridge which was ordered direct from hipshot. bartolini 5-string P pickup in front, and a Basslines MM at the bridge..

fetch da bass: i had to go with one knob. i play a MIA '97 jazz V, and i've only ONCE turned down the tone knob since '97. since the P is passive i figured i really didn't need it. not only that it's a super clean signal path runnin straight to the volume knob and output jack. super tubby and round by the neck, VERY tight and punchy at the bridge.. suits my playing style and gives me the tone i've been looking for.. or maybe i'm just crazy.. :D

15. i have a question- do music man pickups have to be active?

16. Strat -- as a rule, Busicman pickups aren't active. Both the originals and all the replacements I can think of (Duncan, Bartolini, Carvin) are passive pickups. They're just usually hooked up to an active EQ.

Mike