Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

P bass neck with binding and block inlays

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by harley_ou812, Jun 16, 2005.

1. I am looking for a replacement P bass neck with binding and block inlays I am undecided on maple or rosewood boards... I checked out warmoth and it seems they only offer bouand ad blocked Jazz necks. Anyone know where I can look?

2. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    I could easily be wrong but I don't believe Fender ever made P-bass necks with blocks and binding, just Jazz and BassVI. So replacement companies probably won't either.

3. TyKao

TyKao

Jun 29, 2003
    You should be able to custom order a p-width neck with blocks and binding from Warmoth. Try PMing bwbass. He works at Warmoth and regularly posts here. The last quote he gave me for a maple/maple neck like you're thinking about was somewhere around $350.

4. big evil robot

big evil robot

Feb 27, 2005
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Innovations Music - Retailer
    you can probably order one from u.s. custom guitars as well.

5. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Fender Japan has a natural P bass with a black blocked and binded maple/maple P neck.

6. Thanks everyonw... a maple maple black bound and block would look pretty good I think and I am a sucker for maple. This is what I was leaning towards. Ill have to pm/email some companies and wee what happens

7. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Im acctually looking for the same thing, cept I want some rosewood with pearl block inlays and binding. I wanna slap that on a white jazz, tort guard, mmmmm. Anyway I'm gonna send warmoth an email so I'll let you know if I hear anything before you do.

8. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Well i just got an e-mail from warmoth and unfortunately a p neck with binding is not an option, they only do bulk runs of it in the showcase area for jazz bass necks :meh: Hopefully we'll figure out another option

9. TyKao

TyKao

Jun 29, 2003
    Weird. They wouldn't do it as a custom order at all? I wonder why they changed policies like that. That company seems to get less and less flexible every day.

10. Warmoth told me that they will not do any custom bound and blocked bass necks. They said their "production" ones that are on the site are all they sell.