Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

P-Bass Opinion

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tplyons, Sep 1, 2003.

1. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Alright, eventually, I'll have two 'modern' P-Basses, made within the past few years. Essentially, one will be close to stock with a maple board, probably a Quarter-Pounder pickup and most definately an Oly White refinish...eventually and black pickguard.

The other, will be a close one-off of Billy Sheehan's wife. Pickups, color scheme, Tele headstock and everything else. Natural finish, tortise pickguard, Hipshot Extender, and I'll even have it 'relicked' to look like Billy's with an exception of the stickers, only difference is I'll wire it like a Jazz Bass with a V/V/T configuration and move the jack to the side.

I've got a P-bass on the way...which one should I make first?

2. i would take the one that's close to stock with the maple board.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Well, concerning that, I bought a $200 Mexican bass, that I intended for a project, I've got the money to do most of the Wife right now, and I have plenty of other basses. Been itchin to do the Wife since I first saw it, (and yes, all my basses have scalloped necks like it except the Stingray)

And blah blah blah...maybe I could put a tremolo on the stockish P-bass...

4. sounds like you're into that rock thing. maybe you should go for the billy sheehan bass. if i were to handpick P it would probably be a nice fender 57 reissue.