1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

P-bass pickgaurd differences? Peavy vs Fender..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by improvpwnd, Mar 23, 2006.

1. I want to replace the pickguard on my Peavy Milestone II which is a basic P-bass. Can I simply use any P-bass pickguard, or do the makes differ slightly? The reason is I can find Fender pickguard replacements abundently, but have rarely seen anything for Peavys, let alone the Milestone II. Also, anyone know anywhere (website) that has these pickguards? I'm looking for a brown or black one...thanks guys!:bassist:

2. Robert B

Robert B Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Hampton, Va USA
    Try Jeannie's Pickguards. You can send them the original or a tracing and they will reproduce it in whatever color you choose (just google "Jeannie Pickgaurds" for the URL.) Although I can't say for sure, I would guess that a Fender pickguard would not fit a Peavey.

3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Jeannie Pickguards does fantastic work, you send them your pickguard and they will match it exactly. Your Peavey probably is different than a Fender Presision, as it has a slightly different body with slimmer horns. It may be the same, too. If you can, remove your pickguard and bring it to your local Fender shop and do some comparisons.