1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

P Bass Pickup Choice-Need Help

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by shawshank72, Mar 22, 2009.

1. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    Hello all, I own a Electra phoenix bass with swamp ash body, maple neck and fretboard. Looking to change out the pickups. What passive pickups go best with a "woody" bass? Im trying to find something that has serious punch while not overkilling on the high tones. would like a darker thudding bass sound. any help is appreciated, thanks

2. Gintaras

Gintaras

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
    I installed a G&L SB-1 P pickup into my Franken P. Bought it from a talkbass member. Just punch your eyes and with my new strings, the tone is clear and I can even get a piano overtone from it. The strings are DR Jonas Hellborg's.

If you search the forum you will find a lot of comments on the G&L P bass pups.

3. fullrangebass

fullrangebass

May 7, 2005
    Europe
    The description definitely fits Villex pickups. You will get all what you wished for, and then some

www.villex.com