P Bass pickup for fretless

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ipodeloc, Aug 6, 2002.

1. Hello,

I have a Yamaha RBX 260 fretless, that I bought to wait for my Marleaux Fretless (coming in 6 months).
    I find surprisingly good this little Yam', very easy to play, but I may change the pickup.

I was interested in the Di-Marzio Split-P, but I don't really know which pickup would suit the best. Di-Marzio says the Split-P is good for fretless, but I wonder who makes the best "all purpose" precision pickup (Seymour, EMG, Di-Marzio ...).
  2. jmanyea

Mar 20, 2002
    St. Louis
    I just completed my Essex fretless P upgrade with a Badass Bridge and tortoise p/g as well as a Basslines Quarter Pounder. It sounds great. The good thing about the quarter pounder is that you can roll back the volume and/or the tone and not lose tone or dynamics. I am pleased with the pickup for the $60 I payed new.
  3. i want your bass.....my parents wont let me buy a new one, mine is only a year old. there is a used one at the store i saw, its plain bold white...greatest thing i've ever played...i was just wondering, how much did you pay for it??? sorry i have no answer to yer question though!
  4. I'm french and I paid it 260€ (approximatively 240$).
    I don't know if the prices are higher or lower in Canada ...