1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

P Bass pickup for fretless

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ipodeloc, Aug 6, 2002.

1. Hello,

I have a Yamaha RBX 260 fretless, that I bought to wait for my Marleaux Fretless (coming in 6 months).
    I find surprisingly good this little Yam', very easy to play, but I may change the pickup.

I was interested in the Di-Marzio Split-P, but I don't really know which pickup would suit the best. Di-Marzio says the Split-P is good for fretless, but I wonder who makes the best "all purpose" precision pickup (Seymour, EMG, Di-Marzio ...).

2. jmanyea

jmanyea

Mar 20, 2002
    St. Louis
    I just completed my Essex fretless P upgrade with a Badass Bridge and tortoise p/g as well as a Basslines Quarter Pounder. It sounds great. The good thing about the quarter pounder is that you can roll back the volume and/or the tone and not lose tone or dynamics. I am pleased with the pickup for the $60 I payed new.

3. i want your bass.....my parents wont let me buy a new one, mine is only a year old. there is a used one at the store i saw, its plain bold white...greatest thing i've ever played...i was just wondering, how much did you pay for it??? sorry i have no answer to yer question though!
    peace&plaid
    -Shoonk

4. I'm french and I paid it 260€ (approximatively 240$).
    I don't know if the prices are higher or lower in Canada ...