Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

P-Bass Pickups for sale...

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Slater, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    SOLD!-Fender Original '60s Precision Bass pickup. Excellent condition. Only one month old. Only installed once. Includes mounting screws, wiring diagram and original box.
    Reduced Price - $45 shipped! (in conus).

SOLD!-Fender Standard (MiM) P-Bass pickup. This pickup came out of a Standard P-Bass that I purchased new in August (2004). Excellent condition. Includes mounting screws.
    $20 shipped (in conus).

I prefer to sell within the Continental U.S., but will consider other locations for additional shipping.

I also prefer payment via U.S. Postal Money Order, but I will consider other options (PayPal etc.).

If interested, please contact me via E-Mail, Private Message, or post a reply.

2. Is this the same as a Fender 62 Pickup (like the ones on the American Vintage basses)? And if it is different, what basses come with this one?

Just curious...

3. Slater

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder.

The Original '60s Pickup sounded nice. Maybe a little too nice for me. I think I got used to the high output of my Reverend and the way the Reverend interacted with my rig. The '60s pup was great for Blues, Motown, and some Classic Rock, but it just couldn't "Go to 11" :D . The Quarter Pounder has the extra "oompf!" I was looking/listening for.

4. Slater

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    When I started pickup shopping, I asked this question myself over at the FDP ( http://www.fenderforum.com/forum.html ), but I never got a definitive answer.
    My belief, is that they are the same pickup OR, they are so close to one another that no one can tell the difference. However, I have no factual information to back up this belief...

5. Slater

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Standard (MiM) pup sold pending payment.

6. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    Curses! I'm looking for pickups..... the same ones you are. :smug:

7. Slater

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I'm selling, not looking :confused: .

The Original '60s P-Bass pickup is still available...

8. teej

teej

Aug 19, 2004
    Sheffield, AL 35660
    Well, you said you had upgraded to Duncan 1/4 Pounders... the same ones I'm looking for.

9. Slater

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    The '60s pup is still available... ...not on eBay yet...

10. fourstring44

fourstring44

Jul 22, 2003
    St. Louis
    PM sent

11. Slater

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Reply sent...

12. Slater

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I have changed the #1 post to reflect the new lower price of $45 shipped! for the '60s P-Bass pup.

I will be listing on eBay on Sunday (10-10-04), if I don't have a deal before then...

13. Slater

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    [​IMG]

14. ok, i'm officially interested in p pups for my SX P/J. I need to check out the USPS MO thing.

are the wires "full-length"? i.e. were they cut or just soldered on and off?

btw, since it's for my p/j, i'm also looking for a decent vintage sounding J bridge pup.

thx.

15. Slater

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    The wires have NOT been cut - only soldered.

Thanks for your interest :) .

16. Slater

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    One more bump.

17. i want them - plesase pm me about payment. Thanks!

18. Slater

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    PM sent...

19. Right back at 'cha!

:hyper:

20. Thank you! Got them yesterday. It's all good! Can't wait to install them.