1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

P-Bass Pole Adjustable Pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Aussiephoenix, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Hi guys,

I'm trying to identify the pickups that I have in my Oakland,
    and I dont really know how to do it...

I've found these:

81_12_sb.

which look exactly the same.

same color, same adjustable pole pieces...

Now, I dont remember seeing many adjustable pole piece PBass pups, do you guys know if there are a lot more?

Is there a more reliable way to identify them?

thanks.

2. bassclef112

bassclef112 Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2003
    New York City, NY
    Schaller also offers adjustable pole pieces on their P pickups. Those were usually black - I'm not sure if they came in cream or not. Chances are good that you've got DiMarzio's.

3. whitedk57

whitedk57

May 5, 2005
    Franklin, NC
    I have a pair of black Schaller P-Bass pups. I got them off Ebay and the guy thought they were Dimarzios. I looked underneath and it says "Made in Germany". I called Dimarzio and they told me they only make theirs in the USA. So, you might check that.

Also, Schallers always user Yellow/Brown and Green/White. Yellow/Brown on one of the Split Ps and Green/White on the other split Ps.

So, if it doesn't say "Made in Germany" and the colors used are those of Dimarzios (Red/Black and Green/White), you probably have Dimarzios.

4. I was checking out the wires, and I have white, black, red and orange.

[​IMG]

it sounds more like dimarzios, but the dimarzios by what ive been told have a green instead of that orange.