P-Bass Pole Adjustable Pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Aussiephoenix, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Hi guys,

I'm trying to identify the pickups that I have in my Oakland,
    and I dont really know how to do it...

I've found these:

which look exactly the same.

same color, same adjustable pole pieces...

Now, I dont remember seeing many adjustable pole piece PBass pups, do you guys know if there are a lot more?

Is there a more reliable way to identify them?

2. bassclef112

bassclef112 Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2003
    New York City, NY
    Schaller also offers adjustable pole pieces on their P pickups. Those were usually black - I'm not sure if they came in cream or not. Chances are good that you've got DiMarzio's.
  3. whitedk57

May 5, 2005
    Franklin, NC
    I have a pair of black Schaller P-Bass pups. I got them off Ebay and the guy thought they were Dimarzios. I looked underneath and it says "Made in Germany". I called Dimarzio and they told me they only make theirs in the USA. So, you might check that.

Also, Schallers always user Yellow/Brown and Green/White. Yellow/Brown on one of the Split Ps and Green/White on the other split Ps.

So, if it doesn't say "Made in Germany" and the colors used are those of Dimarzios (Red/Black and Green/White), you probably have Dimarzios.
  4. I was checking out the wires, and I have white, black, red and orange.

it sounds more like dimarzios, but the dimarzios by what ive been told have a green instead of that orange.