Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

P-Bass Posedown : Post Pics of your P-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 3rd Rock, Apr 3, 2002.

1. 3rd Rock

3rd Rock Guest

Sep 19, 2001
    Toms River, NJ
    I'm going to be buying an American P-Bass soon, and am thinking of getting the two tone sunburst with rosewood fretboard.

I would like to see all of your P-Basses!

2. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Here is my Duck Dunn:
    [​IMG]

3. 3rd Rock

3rd Rock Guest

Sep 19, 2001
    Toms River, NJ
    This is the one I'm thinking of getting. That's a two tone sunburst correct?

4. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    that is one nice looking P-bass you got there snyderz!

jimbo

5. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Thanks, Jimbo. Gets a lot of my playing time. I put a tort guard on it to match the J.
    Doc

6. odie

odie Supporting Member

Jock or anyone what sets a Duck Dunn apart from a regular P-bass? Ive always liked red p-basses!!

7. Heh! That Duck Dunn signature up there is the EXACT one that I was going to buy before someone else did it. At least it is nice to know where it went :)

8. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Three-tone, actually. :) The orangeish part between the light brown and the dark brown is what makes it three-tone.

9. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Mine's in the shop getting mods done.. Will post pics ASAP...

Bought it about 2 months ago. American STD. P-Bass for $400. Not the best shape. But at that price I couldn't resist. Getting pup replaced. Got a Warmoth neck, BE Maple with a TELE headstock. Hip-Shot extender on the E string. Got a separate pick-guard for it and Im mounting a Di Marzio Model 1 in it... Putting a blend knob for it and the P-pup should be great when it gets done.

10. I second that.

11. 3rd Rock

3rd Rock Guest

Sep 19, 2001
    Toms River, NJ
    I see what you are saying. I thought it was a two tone, because the sunbursts I saw before the orange was much more apparent.

I'm curious why the two tone is $100 more? I would think the three tone would be harder to do.

12. 3rd Rock

3rd Rock Guest

Sep 19, 2001
    Toms River, NJ
    Quick question about maple vs rosewood. Now I've never had maple fretboard, but I understand that it is supposed to have a brighter characteristic (Compared to Rosewood?)

The other question I have is it really hard to keep a maple fretboard clean? How often do you usually need to clean the fretboard?

13. GuitarJonz

GuitarJonz

Mar 9, 2002
    Mass.
    Heres my home-brew Duck, with a tele style neck. 7.0 lbs.

[​IMG]

14. I don't have a recent pic of my Squier P, but it looks a lot like snyderz 79 P.

Black body, black pickguard (not tortoise shell, but thinking about getting one), chrome bridge cover, chrome hardware. Mine is fretted and doesn't have a pickup cover. I have a thumbrest sitting around that I might throw on there.

15. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    here's my '93 American P Deluxe (the onliest 4-string I own). It's got Fender Lace Sensors, the Kubicki active electronics, and that funky micro-tune bridge on it. The neck has been replaced with one of '98 vintage. The original looked like a Mobius strip.

[​IMG]

16. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I'll post pics ASAP!

17. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    The Dunn is made like the US 57 reissues. It has an alder body, US vintage pup, and a B-neck unlike the C-neck on the US reissues. It´s a great crafted in japan bass.