1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

P-Bass PUPS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bass Tees, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Bass Tees

Bass Tees

Feb 11, 2008
    Milwaukee
    Have any of you guys ever replaced the stock pickups in your p-bass and been really glad you did? If so, what PUPS did you put in?

2. (i have read this same question (or something related) eight times in 24 hours now...)

try using the search function of the forum. plenty of people have asked themselves such monumental questions, and there are a variety of older forums, sound clips, and more available!

3. Bass Tees

Bass Tees

Feb 11, 2008
    Milwaukee
    Actually that was the very first thing I did.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Take a gander in the pickups forum. That's mostly people talking about pickups. ;)

I've swapped stock pickups for Dimarzio Model P's depending on what I'm looking for. But 99% of the time, the stocks are just fine for me.

Which Precision do you have? I hated the Mexican pickups in the late 90's and early 00's, but love them post 2004. I swear they changed something and I'll play one of those babies bone stock.

5. DumDrummer

DumDrummer

Mar 14, 2007
    South OC, CA
    I put 62' RI Fender pups in my p bass and a new wiring harness. I also shielded everything while it was apart. Bass is 10x quiter and the pups sound thick. I think that may have some to do with the wiring harness as it came with an orange drop capaciter which is supposed to help. Got it all from guitarpartsresource.com

6. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
    Excellent advice...

7. Jo6Pak

Jo6Pak

May 2, 2007
    As is this...