1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

P-bass refinishing ..........

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vintager, May 14, 2006.

1. vintager

vintager

Jan 29, 2005
    Slovakia
    hi,

i have a black MIM P and i'd like to refinish it with a thin
    coating (wearing expected..)

i just cant decide between these two colours - cream white and red-brown.. with a brown tort pguard.

i already yellowed position markers and maple on the neck by UV light, it looks good.

what do you think about it ?

thanks,

mike

2. momo

momo

Oct 22, 2005
    Huntington Beach, CA
    what color is the board?

Rosewood, white

Maple, Red/brown.

3. momo

momo

Oct 22, 2005
    Huntington Beach, CA
    what do you plan on using to refin the body?

4. vintager

vintager

Jan 29, 2005
    Slovakia
    its rosewood, you are right, red/brown would be better for maple. i wanna make it a (not the most serious) relic and i was thinking of spraying few coats of automotive spray-paint. im gonna sand this awful thick poly finish down gently first.

5. Kenny Allyn

Kenny Allyn

Mar 25, 2006
    Memphis
    I'll tell ya what I did on an old 64 Strat I had ... got with a friend of mine at an auto body shop and asked him to let me know when he was shooting a color like I wanted on a car. I had the body all prepped and ready for him (check to see how they want it) and gave him a 50 to shoot the body ... came out great, in this case a nice Sherwood green metallic. I didn't have to buy paint or clearcoat he just shot it with the leftovers. Totally pro job.

6. vintager

vintager

Jan 29, 2005
    Slovakia
    oh, you're giving me hope, Kenny. I know it should be nitro but as i said im not so serious about. and when you say car-spray is not bad - im decided.

nice day to all..

mike