P bass search has ended !

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rick Rice, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Took delivery of 1999, 62 Reissue Precision today.
    First impressions are smile after smile after smile.
    Been looking for the right P for me for sometime now. I've been away from P basses for a few years so getting my hands on this reissue is truly like coming home again. While the Dakota Red would not have been my 1st choice in colors its starting to grow on me already with the pick-up and bridge covers on a mint green pickguard its got that 60ish vibe. The main attraction however for me is the wide shallow profile neck with the nitrocellulose lacquer finish......ahhhhhh . Having not played many 60's model P's can't say for certain how well these reissues compare. I will say that its best Fender I've ever played. Just wanted to share my thoughts with any perspective P bass shoppers out there to not overlook the 62 reissue it sure feels right to me.
  2. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i use an American Series Precision as main bass. i tried in several occasion the RI and those are GREAT basses. nice to hear that you are happy with yours. P bass to my ears is a must!!
  3. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    Being a fossil, I've played a lot of Pre/during/post CBS and various re-issues. The US reissues are very good and 'age' well. I have an 1989 '57' Strat that is gorgeous.