P-Bass serial number

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jazz3625tonic, Mar 18, 2004.

1. jazz3625tonic

Sep 28, 2003
    :help: Hi all, I not sure if this the right place to post this but I need some info. if I can find it. I have an American String thru body bridge P-bass. It is white w/ black pickguard and the large "Precision Bass" logo like the 70's models. The serial # is DZ2185006 I was told by one person that there was only 400 made and they were made for Export only...But I'm not to sure of this. Anyone have the skinny on this model? Thanking everyone in advance, Mike

p.s. I have searched a few serial # web sites but can't seem to find anything.
  2. I'd suggest removing the neck and checking for a date / number on both the body and neck. The SN you described doesn't fit any of the Fenders I know of - too many numbers and an unknown "DZ" prefix.

3. the "D" stands for deluxe
    the "Z" stands for the millinium, thus you have a u.s.a deluxe precision 2002, not sure of the number produced on that one,
    but congrATS !!! by the description of the headstock decal it sounds like you have a 70's reissue.....nice bass for sure !
  4. drd07

Jan 19, 2003
    That is the bass that I have. It's a 70's reissue Fender USA made precision. The bass rocks! I didn't know that only 400 were made. Is that for real?
  5. drd07

Jan 19, 2003
  6. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Sweet bass. How do you like it? I'm itchin for the CIJ version.
  7. drd07

Jan 19, 2003
    I couldn't be happier. It is THE bass for me. It was a toss up between this and the 3 tone sunburst p bass or 62 reissue. However, it seems like you see so many 3 tone sunburst p basses out there. The olympic white finish looks good. Mines getting a little bit more yellow now - very cool. If you have the chance, pick one up. You won't regret it!
  8. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    I'm not surprised, this is THE bass for me too ;)
    I would like to score the MIJ. And exactly like you I was toss up between the 62.
    I'll probably score the two if i've had enought $$

Great Bass!
  9. jazz3625tonic

Sep 28, 2003
    :hyper: Thanks for the replys...I'll be selling the bass on Bassgear as soon as I get pictures ready.....Moving to Texas and need the cash. I'm sure I'll regret selling it as time goes by. :bawl: Thank god it's not my only bass!
  10. That's a hell of a nice bass! Good score!