1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

p-bass special in a flat black finish

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jade, Sep 4, 2002.

1. jade

jade

Mar 8, 2002
    YYC
    Anyone heard of these? it's a fender p-bass special but it's offered in a flat black finish. The guy that the store told me it was avalible for a "limited time". i was just wondering if anyone had any info about this "limited" bass, as in how many this made and where they are offered. thanks

2. Chris_AtariDoll

Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    UK
    the word from a fender rep in the UK is that they are a 'limited' run.... but he couldnt say how many... or when they are gonna stop making them. I was offered one at £449..... there RRP seems to be £599

Chris

3. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I played one at Daddy's Junky Music in Shrewsbury MA, Sweet sounding and playing bass with a $499.99 price tag, The finish was funky (it liked fingerprints) but cool.
    I liked it and told them it played and sounded better than the 83 P they had.
    The neck is Jazz shaped and it had a nice Chocolate brown rosewood board. It looked nicely put together and it was set up nice. I almost put it on layaway but something about the finish, it wasn't me.
    Great bass, Great price!