Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

P-bass Special or Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by WillySanchez, Dec 27, 2001.

1. Which one should i get? i've had two jazz basses, the one i have now is a mexi with emg's. Im looking for a new bass, and i picked up a newer jazz bass with a different neck finish, it feels really good which is why i gave it a second thought, because i was originally looking to buy a new cab, and i wanted a bass that was closest to what i have now to get the truest sound, and i noticed the different neck finish, very comfortable and fast. then i looked at a p-bass special, i liked it, alot, so now im torn, and to boot, they both cost about the same, so i cant get the cheapest, and im very torn as to which one to get. any comments that may help me decide?

2. Jazz. I've got 2 cheap Jazzes and they cook. Go for the pure Jazz, not the P-J combination. The Jazz is the best. :D

And did I mention that you should get the Jazz?

Chris

3. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    Since you already have a Jazz, get the P bass. Everybody should have at least one of each. :D

4. BassPlayerGush

BassPlayerGush

Sep 23, 2001
    PA
    the p pickups on the special are sweet, but im not to fond of the jazz pickups on it. its has that strange more hollow sound because it is located near the bridge. but if you like that sound, thats great! but, i dont think the special would be able to replace the sound of a full fender jazz, where jazz pick ups are also located near the neck. but whatever sounds the best to you. i do agree with that other person, everyone should have a p-bass also, lol.