1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

P-Bass Volume

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by DashMordecai, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Hi, how are you? I have an issue and I'd like to see if someone had a direction that they could point me towards.

I have a mexican standard precision bass. I had been practicing and started to notice after maybe 15 minutes, the volume coming from my amp seemed quieter. I began the process of eliminating where the source of the issue was. Changing cables, into both amp inputs directly or through pedals, etc. All the while it continued to get quieter and quieter. I plugged the bass into a mixer directly (with various cables and inputs) and by this point got no signal on the mixer at all, no matter what the gain, eq, fader, etc. Then, back to the amp and still no sound.

Does anyone know where the issue may be in the electronics of the bass? I've searched online for similar issues to no avail. After asking a couple guitar-knowledgeable friends, one suggested the capacitor may have gone out. I'd like to see if anyone had any other information before I go tooling around with that endeavor of replacing the cap.

Thanks. Much love.