P Bass with a 7.25 Radius?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Maxfenderbass, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Hey guys,

Looking for alternate/backup p for my band. Currently my #1 is my AVRI 58 p bass which I love and is not going anywhere. Have been a jazz bass player my whole life and recently made the switch over to a P a few months ago.

Criteria
    7.25 radius
    Maple board
    Can be either split or single(51-56 style)
    Something other than sunburst.
    Would prefer if it was a bit cheaper than my #1

I like Nash but it seems like they only do 10” radius... also am a fan of the hybrid style basses (mike dirnt sig) but alas, 9.5 radius...

2. FronTowardEnemy

FronTowardEnemy It is better to go unnoticed, than to suck Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Chicago Illinois
    Fiesta red road worn or 50’s Classic Series lacquer?

I own both and love them for the same reasons you mention. I too converted to Ps early last year and unloaded all but one Jazz.

Slater likes this.
  3. tjh

tjh

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    Does it matter if it is 1.625 or 1.75 nut width?

4. Should have mentioned that. Bigger the better. My AVRI is 1.72 I believe. I played a refin 56 p today in Toronto though and that massive neck was glorious.

5. tjh

tjh

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    … then along the lines of FronTowardEnemy's suggestion … any MIM Classic Series 50's P, or Road Worn will fit that bill nicely, and be in the price range you are looking to stay (plenty out there used and I have yet to handle a 'bad' one) … if you want to go single coil, and have no interest in S/B you are pretty much looking for a school bus yellow MIJ/CIJ '51 RI P (if you would like to stay Fender) … just be aware that you won't be getting belly contours on the body, which was a deal breaker for me (which I solved by using a burst Sting Sig body and a '51 RI P neck) …

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021