Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

P. Diddy Song

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by istaticl, Sep 8, 2001.

1. istaticl

istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    Everyone know which one im talking about, I think its called badboy for life or something. I was wwondering does dave navarro play the guitar riff. On the video it shows them playing and I could have sworn its him.

2. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    It's him in the video, but the guitar riff was created with a casio keyboard, like all rap music is.

3. istaticl

istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    Thats pretty lame if hes not even playing it. Not all, The Roots use instruments all the time not just live like some others, there dope, I thought all hip-hop was a waste until I heard them.

4. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Prejudice. If you don't know, don't speak.

5. purple_haze

purple_haze

Jun 29, 2001
    London Town
    Outkast also use a band of live musicians (guitar, bass, drum, horns) who get just as much credit as the rappers.

If rap isn't your deal, fine, but your statement was ignorant.

6. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Dave Navarro DOES play the guitar rift on the record.

Dave has a record out now btw.

7. yeah that's dave, and Travis Barker is also "playing" the "drums" on that song.

8. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Not all rap music is created on a casio keyboard, some use roland too :rolleyes:

9. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    p. diddy...hmm...wasn't that donkey kong's son or nephew or something?

10. all i know is that it really pissed me off when he sampled kashmir....

11. istaticl

istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    Who is Travis Barker? His name sounds farmiliar.

12. bobaweeka

bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    Yes
    There's a million cameo appearances in that song. Navarro, Barker, Shaq,Ben Stiller, and *yuck* Crazytown.

13. WHO DID WHAT NOW????????

14. bobaweeka

bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    Yes
    Back when he was Puffy, he released a song called "come with me" featuring Jimmi Page doing the Kashmir riff for the Godzilla soundtrack.

15. Travis Barker is the Blink 182 drummer.

Dont the Beasty Boys play instruments?

16. istaticl

istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    They used to, back when their stuff was better.

17. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    Yeah like "Sabatoge" has them on instruments, I havent a clue if they still do that. I know last year they canceled the "Rhyme and Reason" tour because the Beastie that plays drums messed up his shoulder.

18. purple_haze

purple_haze

Jun 29, 2001
    London Town
    The Beastie Boys circa Check Your Head did indeed play instruments, and rather well too, (check out the guitar solo on "Watcha want" from said album).

Diddy Kong was one of the extended family members created after Nintendo franchises started going down the pooper, among his friends were Chunky Kong, Candy Kong, Tiny Kong (who has a jobas a tax official), Lanky Kong, Canky Kong, Wrinkly Kong and my personal favourite...Funky Kong. (!)

19. Oh yeah, love The Roots. Check out their Live CD if you haven't. Phat bass (yup, even a white boy can say phat!), killer drumming, and the god of all keyboards, the Fender Rhodes!

20. istaticl

istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    The Roots come alive. I think thats their best. My favorite Roots cd. Quest and their keys do rock also, very jazzy. I saw them live and they used a guitar on a couple of songs too suprisingly.