1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

P/J Advice

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ciudadmarron, Oct 16, 2009.

1. ciudadmarron

ciudadmarron

Oct 16, 2009
    Sydney
    I have an MIJ jazz special with the 2 volume/1 tone + selector switch setup. I mostly play reggae and stax/motown stuff on it and tend to favour the precision all the way up with a touch of jazz for a slightly more (rounded? don't know if that's the right word) tone. Occasionally I want a bit more definition out of it but I find the jazz bridge pup a bit too tinny/trebly/bright for my liking, even playing with flats.

I'm toying with the idea of replacing it with something that would be a bit darker - or even dirtier/growlier- but i've never gone anywhere near modifications before and know next to nothing - so i'm wondering if there would be any ramifications in doing that, considerations etc, and then if there are any particular pickups that might suit my needs.

Cheers - apologies for the noob-like nature of the post!