1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

P-J bass Pots? Help!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by BobSmithLu, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Hey guys, I have a 2008 American standard bass in which I will be installing Seymour Duncan spb1 and stkj1 pickups. I am also installing a stellar tone tonestyler knob to replace the current tone knob. I am just wondering which pots you guys might recommend? I need a volume knob and a blend knob. Any ideas? Pots might seem like a stupid thing to worry over but I just want this bass to be finished with high quality parts so it will never need any work again!
    Thanks guys :)

2. 39-Bassist

39-Bassist

Jul 7, 2010
    Florida
    Endorsing Artist for: Brace Audio; Duncan Pickups; Line6, Hipshot, GHS Strings
    CTS w/Orange drop cap....Oh and I like the spb-1 w/ the stk-j pickup...but you may want to try the stk-j2 instead.....better output smoother...I went through a few selections and settled on spb-1 / stk-j2 combo.....great tones....good luck

FatDaddySam likes this.
  3. acebase62

acebase62

Jun 29, 2010
    X2, the SPB-1 works well with the STK-J2, and provides a variety of great tones.

I use them with 500k volume pots and a Fender TBX tone control in a Warmoth PJ bass to provide additional clarity when I need it.

FatDaddySam likes this.