1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

P/J bridge/pickup cover combinations

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Lightningbird, Jan 10, 2012.

1. P bridge and P pickup covers

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  2. J bridge and P pickup covers

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. P pickup cover only

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  4. P bridge cover only

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. J bridge cover only

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  6. Other, please specify

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lightningbird

Lightningbird

Jan 3, 2012
    I've been thinking about putting bridge and/or pickup covers on my Fender PJ P-bass modding project. I'm refinishing it to sonic blue and keeping the red tort pickguard that's already on it. I'm going for a somewhat 50s look.

Since its a PJ setup, I'm not quite sure what kind of bridge cover i want. I'm currently leaning towards P style covers on both bridge and pickup, but I'm not sure how it will look with the additional J pickup

2. JP Morin

JP Morin

Mar 15, 2011
    Quebec
    both bridge and pickup cover would be nice for the 50's vibe... if it doesn't interfere with your playing style...

I prefer jazz style pickup cover... But I mind if a jazz pickup cover would fit over a P pickup...

3. Lightningbird

Lightningbird

Jan 3, 2012
    I've looked into the jazz pickup cover, but i cant find any photos of it on a P bass. Has anyone tried this? I also tried to find the dimensions of the jazz cover, but with no luck.

4. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    It wont cover the pickup.

5. Hey, I'm going to try reviving this thread before I make a new one - I'm curious about a bridge pickup cover on a P/J as well. I know that the regular P bridge cover won't come close to that bridge pickup but what about one made for a J bass or one of those old, extremely large covers, such as this?

[​IMG]