Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

p&j j&p

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kearney, Jan 16, 2005.

1. kearney

kearney

Jul 5, 2004
    how would you get a p body with a j neck? would you have to special order it at a cost to you? do you buy an afterstock neck and forfiet the fender logo and authenticitty? do you buy both basses and pawn the j&p off on ebay?

2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Yes.

:p

Seriously, you've hit 3 options: Fender custom shop; aftermarket neck; buy one of each and swap necks.

There are more options: aftermarket body. That way you keep the decal! Also, some older P-basses were made with "A" width necks. Of course older Fenders tend to be expensive.

3. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I found a nice Fender MIM Jazz neck on Ebay and put it on my P. There are usually some there, do a search.

4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i'd say ask warmouth directly or ask nino brown. i'm thinking that there should be a bit of a mismatch in the width of the base of the necks but i'm sure there is a standard way around this if it exists. It's a pretty common mod, even duck dunn had it done (ouch :p ) recently for comfort reasons.