1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

P/J Weirdness

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by riotgeek, Jun 26, 2007.

1. I have a 2006 Fender Deluxe P Bass Special (4 string) that seems to have one half of the P Bass pickups dead.

The result of this is when I sweep to only the P pickups it gets really quiet and sounds really hollow (kinda what I usually think is the battery going dead) but when I sweep to only the J pickup it is loud and growly the way it should sound. I replaced the battery just to make sure it wasn't that and it's the same result.

My guess is that I have a solder point that broke or something to that effect, but I haven't opened it up to confirm it yet, so I figured while I was sitting here in the office and can't crack it open I was see if anyone had any initial thoughts on what it could be.

Thanks.

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

see FAQ Dimento's Trouble Shooting Guide.

3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Is it under warrantee? Sounds like something in the pickup died.

4. Ya it probably is, I'll have to double check I don't really want to have to send it in to get it fixed but if it is something wrong with the pickup that isn't easily solved then I'll have to just deal with it and play my P Bass :meh:

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 28, 2021