1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

P-J wiring (series / parallel) help needed?!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by SimplemanBB450, Jan 6, 2012.

1. I am in the process of re-wiring my Yamaha P-J bass which currently has one master volume, one master tone and one 3-way switch (on,on,on) for P,P+J,J. What I would like to do is re-wire it to maintain this configurations but add a push / pull pot for putting the pickups in series / parallel (not sure if it's worth it on a PJ but sounds great on my Jag). My concern is I'm not sure what pot to add the switch in, tone or volume, and how will I be able to accomplish this only when the toggle is in the middle position. To give you the heads up I have purchased a set of Dimarzio DP126 pick ups and a .047 Orange Cap. If someone could give me a little insight if this will work and how I should wire it up, that would be greatly appreciated. I have done some searching on the Internet and couldn't find any wiring schematics in this configurations. Thanks again for all your help!

2. Koeda

Koeda Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Nashville
    Not sure that is what you want with hb pup's, but this should do it.
    http://www.guitarelectronics.com/product/WD2HH3T11_07/2-Humbuckers3-Way-Toggle-Switch1-Volume1-ToneSeries-Split-ParallelMaster-Series-Parallel.html]2 Humbuckers/3-Way Toggle Switch/1 Volume/1 Tone/Series-Split-Parallel/Master Series-Parallel
    Just ignore the on/on/on for the idividual pup's. Getting ready to set up a bass as you currently have yours now - contemplating a push-pull for the P pup. Like the series option on my jazz single coils, heard it is bit much with a pair of hb's, but I have never tried it.
    David