1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

P-J with J neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Big mark, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Big mark

Big mark

Jun 12, 2010
    Hi all, a quickie. Does any current wood come with P-J on a J neck aside from the Duff signature?

2. Fender deluxe MIM the precision bass special.

3. JavierFarias

JavierFarias

Feb 9, 2011
    Chile
    Fender Precision bass special ;) it's active, though.

4. Big mark

Big mark

Jun 12, 2010
    Thanks boys!

5. Big mark

Big mark

Jun 12, 2010
    Surf green or gold pick guard... What a choice lol

6. Martin89

Martin89

Nov 8, 2010
    Glendale, AZ
    Unofficial Endorser: Ibanez, D'Addario, Zoom
    G&L SB-2 also, tribute and US.

7. JakeAndAirwaves

JakeAndAirwaves

Jun 3, 2011
    TX
  8. You have plenty of options. Fender and Squier both offer Jaguar models that have a PJ setup, with Jazz necks. Squier offers the Vintage Modified Short Scale, Vintage Modified Active, and Vintage Modified Jaguar. All of these basses are well loved here.
    If you prefer Fender you could look at the Modern Player Jaguar. That bass is absolutely killer for the money. I have one currently, and even with my Bongo around, the Jag gets plenty of play in both my metal and jazz gigs.
    Also of course you could look at the Fender Precision Specials. They are great if you really prefer the P bass neck.
    So yeah, you have TONS of great options for a PJ with a jazz neck.

9. Aerodyne Jazz

10. Russell L

Russell L

Mar 5, 2011
    Cayce, SC
    You can still get the old Jazz Bass Specials from the mid-'80s for less. They are really good basses. I have one I gig regularly with, and love it as much as my '01 MIA Jazz.

11. MakoMan

MakoMan

Oct 17, 2011
    Ottawa, Canada
    Looking for the same thing myself.
    Right now I am torn between the Aerodyne Jazz, Fender Blacktop Jazz and Fender MP Jag. As well there are the various Squier Jags with P/J configurations.
    One of those will be coming home with me soon... the only question is which one?

12. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    As Martin89 said, G&L SB-2 is P/J with a Jazz neck. Passive, but with very hot pickups. Here's mine:

SB-2incase.

13. Big mark

Big mark

Jun 12, 2010
    Thanks so much guys, loads for me to look at!!!!

14. khutch

khutch Praise Harp

Aug 20, 2011
    suburban Chicago
    There is also the Reggie Hamilton Standard and the Tony Franklin fretted and frettless. The RH is a bit more expensive than other MIMs while the TF models are MIAs and priced accordingly.

Ken

15. LaBassGuy

LaBassGuy

Aug 26, 2008
    The Reggie Hamilton is a great bass. I had it. I just wish it had MIA quality and the bridge was one with a higher mass.

Away from the traditional tones, the Warwick Streamer LX-4 has a PJ setup, as does Spector Euro 4. I have the Warwick and it has a super thin neck, like a jazz.

16. The Fender Aerodyne comes with jazz neck and body and P/J pickups. It's a great sounding bass and I really regret selling mine.

17. landau roof

landau roof Reupholstered User

Jul 29, 2010
    Downstate CA
    Squier Precision Bass Special if you're on a budget.

18. ^ Are you sure it comes with a Jazz neck?

19. +1. Just finished rocking my Warwick Rockbass Streamer LX tonight. I love that bass. Best bass I own (better than my MIA Fender P) versatile tones, and super slim neck, and really light too. Plus cost under $500 new Canadian.

:bassist:

20. adivin

adivin

Jul 9, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Lakland Duck Dunn